Mothering Forum banner

6 items min.daily - to declutter in 2015 (baby steps, one at a time !)

8K views 161 replies 21 participants last post by  IsaFrench 
#1 ·
Am going to try getting rid of 6 items minimum per day in 2015.

I have LOADS of papers to sort out.
Plus plenty of knick-knack lying around

My clothing is mainly sorted out,
kitchen and bathroom relatively under control,
i tried using the 2014 in 2014 chart but didn't find it actually worked for me in the long run ....

Now, taking baby steps towards a more streamlined life ....
Anyone wants to join me and share about their decluttering challenges ? ... Welcome here, post your progress and let's inspire each other !!!

#160 ·
5 razor handles that i never seem to buy replacement razors for
1 skein of yarn turned into a scarf (see a pattern forming here??)
1 roll of wrapping paper used up

849/2015
$180.74 recovered
172 skiens of yarn used and counting (lost count)

Heading to coinstair before the end of the year!!

#161 ·
$41 at coinstar today- yeah for 'amazon credits' and super not bad for 2 months of change. this might be the end of 2015 decluttering for us. Holidays are in full swing and anything I do will probably count toward next year.

849/2015
172 skiens of yarn used- thats A TON OF YARN
$221.74 recovered.

Goals for next year....

Buy less yarn and use up more of what I have.
Find a way to recover more $$
Recycle more, less trash ex, take plastic bags back to the store, get paper bags at store vs plastic... be viligant about the trash vs recycle at home

#162 ·
thread starter here .... have not kept up with strict counting for half of the year .... but just the thought of having started this thread is helping me day to day (as in "every little piece DOES count" mind set)
although i DID buy myself 4 skeins of wool two days ago ... having still not finished about 4 on going projects ....
well, anyway, it's the journey that counts, not the final "i'm there" moment .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.