• 1 Post By zebra15
  • 1 Post By katelove

#1 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Im seriousl off track

I have been seriously off track with organization and projects that need to be done. I am really not sure how to get back on track.

I am deathly afraid to make a list as I think it will be overwhelming.

What other strategies have you used besides a list?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 221 Post(s)
A couple of thoughts.

1. If the projects naturally lend themselves to different categories then maybe write several shorter lists instead of one big one.

2. Investigate bullet journaling. Lots of options for organising your thoughts. For example, one page per project. Project title in the centre then ways to achieve it, things needed etc around the edges.

3. Don't write anything down. Choose the smallest, easiest task and just do it. Then pick another one. Maybe set a timer or give yourself a goal like one/day or whatever.

4. Change a process which is impeding you. For example I used to be an all or nothing cleaner. If I couldn't do the whole thing at once I didn't do it. This didn't work once I had children so I had to clench my teeth and try another way. Now I am ok with just wiping and tidying the vanity while they're in the bath even if I can't scrub the shower and mop the floor at the same time. It's still not my ideal but things do get done.

5. Do a quick 2 minute relaxation before you start.

That's all I have for now. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VsAngela likes this.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 8 Old 07-10-2017, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Angela- What needs to be done? Is it crafty type stuff? cleaning? general organziation to get to the point where you can actually accomplish tasks? I've found if I can identify what is causing the problem and things to spin out of control and get a grasp on that one thing then everything else will slowly fall into place.

Also life goes through stages and you may be in a stage where its simply not possible to be as productive as you once were. Kids need more activity, it summer/winter where you are, etc. Pick what absolutely needs to be done and let the rest go.
katelove likes this.

Mom to J and never ending 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 the year of peace and tranquility.

Last edited by zebra15; 07-10-2017 at 02:49 PM.

#4 of 8 Old 07-12-2017, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
A couple of thoughts.

1. If the projects naturally lend themselves to different categories then maybe write several shorter lists instead of one big one.

2. Investigate bullet journaling. Lots of options for organising your thoughts. For example, one page per project. Project title in the centre then ways to achieve it, things needed etc around the edges.

3. Don't write anything down. Choose the smallest, easiest task and just do it. Then pick another one. Maybe set a timer or give yourself a goal like one/day or whatever.

4. Change a process which is impeding you. For example I used to be an all or nothing cleaner. If I couldn't do the whole thing at once I didn't do it. This didn't work once I had children so I had to clench my teeth and try another way. Now I am ok with just wiping and tidying the vanity while they're in the bath even if I can't scrub the shower and mop the floor at the same time. It's still not my ideal but things do get done.

5. Do a quick 2 minute relaxation before you start.

That's all I have for now. Good luck.

Kate I am the same way...I like spending a day cleaning everything instead of bit by bit. But I am finding as my kids are still young that I have given up on this. However, that being said I find that I am always in a state of chaos and mess. I just really need a full day to get things up to par. I started with a small task on Tuesday.
#5 of 8 Old 07-12-2017, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra15 View Post
Angela- What needs to be done? Is it crafty type stuff? cleaning? general organziation to get to the point where you can actually accomplish tasks? I've found if I can identify what is causing the problem and things to spin out of control and get a grasp on that one thing then everything else will slowly fall into place.

Also life goes through stages and you may be in a stage where its simply not possible to be as productive as you once were. Kids need more activity, it summer/winter where you are, etc. Pick what absolutely needs to be done and let the rest go.
I think its everything right now but the cleaning and organization is what I need to get a handle on. Im always in a state of chaos.

My kids are not very helpful, and my 5 year old always magically hurts herself right when its time to put away toys. 2.5 Year old is making a mess on purpose but hes pretty good at least doing half the job.
#6 of 8 Old 07-12-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VsAngela View Post
Kate I am the same way...I like spending a day cleaning everything instead of bit by bit. But I am finding as my kids are still young that I have given up on this. However, that being said I find that I am always in a state of chaos and mess. I just really need a full day to get things up to par. I started with a small task on Tuesday.

Will you have the opportunity to *have* a full day though? If you will then great. If not, then that is probably the thing you need to let go of. If you continue to think "I can only do this with a full day" but there is no chance of having a full day then the inertia will persist.

What is the 5yo making messes with? Can you eliminate some of the opportunities? I packed away over half of my 7yo's clothes because they were always all over her room. *Not* as a punishment, just the things she never wore or were not seasonally suitable. If she asked for something specific then I got it out again.

#7 of 8 Old 07-13-2017, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
What is the 5yo making messes with? Can you eliminate some of the opportunities?
Mostly Toys and Crafts. Like she plays with blocks but then doesnt want to put them away when she is done. I have a locked toy cupboard and bring out one 1-2 bins at a time. But the blocks are always all over the place and she doesnt help me at all.
#8 of 8 Old 07-13-2017, 02:08 PM

My 4.5yo is going through a stage of not wanting to help pack up toys as well. I have had some success with a playful approach lately. We throw the blocks into the container behind our backs, under our legs, bounce them off our knees, feet etc. Whatever "trick shots" we can come up with.

I've also had some luck with putting loud 80s music on and having a dance party clean up.

VsAngela likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page