Dec. Real Mom's Declutter/House Cleaning Challenge! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-01-2004, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's December and Christmas is right around the corner. I think I am making big gains on my mess control, although you can't really tell right now : On Thanksgiving I cooked dinner here, so I got the house all cleaned up for company. It's been crazy since then, but I think I am still making some progress. I went thru the office closet today and re-arranged some things. Now DH has to get my shelf put up! It's only been a month He's in the Dog House until it gets done. I am sick of waiting!!! Next I need to go thru the bookshelf in the office, and also my closet. I am taking stuff to goodwill on Saturday, so I'd like to go thru the closet before then if possible. I think I will take it easy this week, so here are my goals

Thrusday~ go to the store, and paperwork
Friday~ do general pick-up and 90% of the laundry, and my closet if I have time
Saturday~ DD's Christmas pics, then a bit of shopping, and home to rest!
Sunday~ REST~~~~ I have really been over-doing it lately, make sure all dishes are done

Monday~ Playgroup in the AM, then sweep, mop, vaccuum, and clean bathroom.
Tuesday~ wrap any presents that I have, and put them away, checking off the Big List!
Wedesday~ Grocery shopping in the AM, and start putting up tree if possible.

That's as far as I'm going to plan for now Who's next? We all need clean houses in 3 weeks!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-05-2004, 01:51 AM

I cleaned the living room and got rid of HALF of the kids' toys. Just need to get it all in the car to take to the GW.

Sunday- Clean bedroom. Clean carpets in the bedrooms. go to the gym and run errands.

Mon- Clean dining room. Finish laundry.

I also have some Xmas shopping to finish and wrapping left too.
#3 of 3 Old 12-06-2004, 12:50 PM

I've gone through most of the house and have done quite a bit of work in the office, but the office is still my main project. I think my goal is going to be to make it a comfortable place where I want to work so I'll want to keep things tidy. It's the worst "Hot Spot" in the house, second only to the dining room table. I hate to spend money, but I may spend a little just to make it a nice area that I take pride in. Right now my desk chair is an old dining room table chair that is missing screws so can't be moved easily. I don't have money for a new desk, but a new chair would be fabulous. I just need to figure out how to fine-tune the arrangement for everything so it is more workable and tidy.

Tana, wife to Steve (5/02), mom to Ben (7/03), Joey (10/06) and Caroline (9/09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page