Reorganized my apartment! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 12-06-2004, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This weekend, DH got tired of me mumbling about how I think DD and I watch too much TV, etc., and of me being on his computer. Or, he wanted to facilitate me being better able to study while DD plays while keeping his own preferred entertainment modes (playing online computer games while watching baseball or movies) intact. For now there is no cable in the bedroom, but DH will find a way before baseball season, lol.

So the entertainment system and the DVD's DD was always getting into are upstairs, along with DH's computer. My computer (which I hardly used when it was upstairs) is now on the desk, which we moved from the kitchen/dining area to the living room (where DD's toys live).

So now the TV is in the best spot for watching something while nursing DD to sleep (the bedroom) and not in the best spot for vegging while she plays. My computer is where I'll actually use it, and DH's is still near the TV.

Has anyone else done anything unusual to make their home more suited to their own needs and less to what's "normal"? There's no way in a million years I could get DH to give up the entertainment system, short of us having sufficient income to be able to go to the (live) theater regularly and/or season baseball tickets. And we are SO not in that financial bracket.

We wouldn't have cable except we have 4 computers (mine, his, bil's and bil's gf's), and BIL's gf in particular but also DH and BIL rely on their computers/internet for socialization/entertainment and DH like I said loves his baseball, so I can't talk them out of the cable or even the digital cable TV part (Which canceling would save us all of $35/mo, not enough for season tickets to the DBacks ).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#2 of 2 Old 12-06-2004, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Has anyone else done anything unusual to make their home more suited to their own needs and less to what's "normal"?
Yep, we have our computers in a little cubby off of the playroom. I guess it's not that unusual, but it was a change we made after the baby came. We used to have a seperate office for our computers (we have 3), but realized that we all couldn't "play" together. It was either one activity or the other, and the computer room wasn't really baby friendly. So we put them in the cubby off of the playroom, and babyproofed it so that no cords are showing. Now I can surf the web or chat with friends, and still keep an eye on DD while she plays. We just need a mini-fridge down here and we'll never have to leave.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page