Are you a FLYBABY??? Come support each other - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh cripes, Electra, that blows. I hope you're able to get the dryer fixed quickly.

DH was on a skiing trip this weekend with his best friend, so I took the opportunity to fly around my bedroom like a madwoman. Okay, that's not an accurate description at ALL :LOL

I'm pregnant, so I hit burn out threshold quicker than normal these days. I also have a hard time doing some things (like putting on my shoes, and bending down to pick something up off the floor ) So, I adapt. I wore slip ons all weekend, but I had shoes on darn it! My dog is very good at "fetch", so we just played fetch with Daddy's dirty clothes instead of the dog's chew toys :LOL (Dude, it worked! )

And now my bedroom is FINALLY SPOTLESS. I did it in fifteen minutes intervals, switching between the bedroom and bathroom, and then a fifteen minute break before heading back into the bedroom. I had the TV on in the background, but made sure it was a movie I'd already seen, MANY MANY times, so I could listen to the dialog and know what was going on :LOL

DH got home last night, told me how great everything looked, and proceeded to eat dinner in the bedroom. Uh....we have a dining room for that, piggy boy. He did take his dish out of the bedroom and put it right in the dishwasher, though, so I guess he gets SOME points.

Of course, this morning, the two cans of seltzer he had last night while we were watching TV in there were still on his night table.

I caught myself thinking things like, "I'm the ONLY ONE who does ANYTHING in this house" and "I busted my BUTT in this room and he's home for HOURS and starts messing it up again"

And then I told myself to shut up, stop being a martyr and throw the cans the recycling bucket. I mean, really. :LOL

I made my bed this morning, I put away all the dog's toys, my sinks (bathroom AND kitchen) are shining, and I can't wait to go home and tackle the next zone!

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#62 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 01:22 PM

I went to a party Sunday and the hostess was so stressed out I felt sorry for her. I don'tknow if she slept in or what but she was just starting cooking when we got there and unloading the dishwasher and loading at the same time while trying to cook a huge supper. She looked like she was in tears and everyone who came offered to help and she took them up on it. We all pitched in and that helped alot. To top it all off we all have kids 3 and under so they were running wild all over the place. I just wanted to give her a hug. It reminded me how far I've come since flylady. I've been there once or twice.
#63 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Electra, I feel for you! But I have one question too. As I read it, you have 4 adults living in your house. Where are they and why aren't they helping you? You shouldn't be doing all of this on your own. Sounds like you need to start putting down some house rules for everyone so you don't have to do all the work.

Which sort of brings me to my question for the day. How many of us have explained Flying to our partners? And, whether they know it or not, how many of us have assigned routines to our partners (or others in the house)? I am blessed with a very helpful DH who does more than most around the house (we split cooking, dishes, and general cleaning). But I find that I'm really hesitant to actually talk to him about the Fly system, so I've been nudging him toward specific routines without explaining the background. How does everyone else hand it?
#64 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne

Of course, this morning, the two cans of seltzer he had last night while we were watching TV in there were still on his night table.

And then I told myself to shut up, stop being a martyr and throw the cans the recycling bucket. I mean, really. :LOL
You're better than me... My dh has two bottles on his side of the headboard that have been there since I gave birth 11 months ago!!! I refuse to take them to the trash. He finally got some moldy sports bottles to the sink, which I threw away. I don't know how long those were there. Sometimes I say so he will hear "boys lets round up stray cups to wash" and dh will come out of the hole in his computer chair and bring me some cups. He is a grown man and I absolutely refuse to clean up after him. I thought he would have learned that if he doesn't pick up his laundry and put it in a laundry basket, he will get no clean clothes by now. Does he pick up his laundry, no, he buys more underwear and socks (want an angry face here, won't go). I want him to set an example for our children, my oldest son is picking up my dh's slobby habits of not putting laundry in the laundry basket. I told him if he doesn't put his laundry where it will get washed, he will have to go to school in his PJs or naked!!! The child also refuses to put the clean clothes away, like his father!!! irked... I call it tough love, but the only one getting harder is me.
#65 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

As for the adults living in my house... My MIL and her husband have the addition that is off the back of our house and they are not in the main house living. They do store stuff all over my basement and under my house and in the garage.

I did their taxes last night and was just sick... They have been with us since Jan 30, 2000 and their income each year has dropped. They were suppose to be here long enough to get on their feet and move out on their own. I should have seen that was never going to happen from the get go, but I trusted my dh that he knew what he was doing. They are never moving out on their own, their next move will be either to a nursing home or the grave.

She works like a dog while her husband sits in his recliner playing video games all day, saying he is looking for work!!! The only thing I wish she would do is pick her cigarette butts off the laundry room floor that fall out of the dryer usually only in the summer months -- I don't honestly want her to do anything in my house. And in the last year her health is so poor, she can't do anything. She's 58 yrs old and looks like my 80plus year old Grandma. And she has worse circulation problems of my 99 yr old Grandpa. (All my grandparents have passed on now, but they were in better health than my MIL.)

She tried to help me once and she used furniture polish on my wood floors -- talk about slick!!! That same day she used soft scrub on my kitchen vinyl floors and sealed the grit in with Future floor polish!!! I was so pissed I took my then only child to a park 40 miles from home to get away. Pissed doesn't even begin to explain my rage over that.

She also tries to help by putting my diapers in the dryer before they are finished rinsing. I have to reset my machine to do the final rinse and not all of the diapers go in the dryer. So we have a deal now, she gets the washer and dryer on Sunday and I do not leave anything down in the laundry room etc Saturday night. Even if I'm half done at 11pm at night, I bring it all back up stairs.

Repair man came and fixed my dryer, so I've got about 19 loads of laundry to do. I'm not kidding and before my ds2 got sick on Friday, I had my normal amount that is finished by Saturday night. Not washing clothes and diapers on Friday and Saturday has a major impact on my week.

I've got my dh home and ds1 b/c of the snow storm -- so much for a great work day. Off to do laundry and keep plugging away at the living room.
#66 of 116 Old 02-28-2005, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Which sort of brings me to my question for the day. How many of us have explained Flying to our partners? And, whether they know it or not, how many of us have assigned routines to our partners (or others in the house)?
Well, my DH knows ABOUT FlyLady, and he knows that she's the reason the house is clean. And I think he thinks that's all he needs to know :LOL And really, if I keep up with my routines, it IS all he needs to know. But, I'd still like to be able to share different things with him, and so, slowly but surely, he's getting FlyLady 101

I mentioned in a previous post that he does have his routines, that I did kind of push him into, which mainly consist of the normal stuff he's always done, just without leaving anything OUT. For example, his morning routine consists of getting up, taking a shower, putting the bathmat back over the tub to dry and closing the shower curtain. Brushing his teeth and putting away the toothbrush and toothpaste. Shaving (his face and his head; IMAGINE all the hair) and then cleaning the hair out of the sink, and putting away the razor and shaving cream. etc etc. It used to be that he'd do all that, minus the "putting aways".

I've found though, that the cleaner the house is, the happier he is to take the extra time to put thinks away, to KEEP it clean.

One of the things I've read on FlyLady is to stop being a martyr. Stop feeling sorry for myself that I'm the ONLY one who does ANYTHING in this STUPID HOUSE! :LOL I really took that to heart, because that was my attitude for so long. Why should *I* clean up anything if I was the ONLY one who was going to do it?

Well, number one, it makes me HAPPY to have things clean. And number two, I ended up NOT being the only one who does things. In fact, through the entire first trimester of my pregnancy, DH did ALL the laundry, cooking and most of the cleaning, because I was that sick. Nope, he didn't do everythign "perfectly" and he didn't do everything like I did it. But, he did it, and even housework done incorrectly blesses our families, right?

#67 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Well, the repair man fixed it, it dryed 1 load and broke again. He came yesterday to fix it again, it dried 1 load and broke again!!! I called today to get them to fix it again, the lady all but accused me of breaking it on purpose and that I wasn't using it properly!!! The guy will be back tomorrow mid-morning.

In the mean time, I've got CDs drying all over the place -- I hope the kids don't mind stiff and I mean stiff diapers for a few days. I've got laundry that can be hung, hung (meaning dh doesn't like his underwear stiff, so it's wet on top of the dryer). I've been focusing on the need -- ds2 needs crib sheet he wet the last one last night!!!

OT - but I have posted again and again about his wetting out everything at night. I have him in wool to no avail. Of course last night will all my diapers dirty or wet, he had to sleep in a CPF and I didn't think to pad him up like I use to do before the super hemp fitteds I made him...

So, I've got the repair man stating I'm not using my machine properly... I've got our insurance company saying they won't pay for the homebirth b/c I didn't have a right to use a DEM under their standards and it was my fault the OB terminated my care.... I've got issues with my chiropractor, I'm in pain all the time now and I never had pain to begin with... And I've got a ton of stuff to do for my WAH accounting job which I don't feel like doing b/c of all this other crap going on (and I haven't been paid for over a month that leaves little incentive)... I've got FLYLADy stuff that I could do, but I'm being held up by 20 plus loads of laundry from not having a dryer or clothes lines (perfectionist problem)... Oh, and I think my ds1 might have to wear dirty clothes the rest of the week to school... He looks bad enough going to school with a winter jacket that is too small b/c he just overnight out grew the jacket and there are none available to buy anywhere (i've got an ISO TP going trying to find one)!!!

Yesterday evening when the insurance issue came back again denied, I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach and a rush of weakness. It debilitated me to the point I could not cook dinner, I ordered pizza. :

I started organizing my sewing stuff and didn't stop until 12:30am. I'm still working on it, instead of other things. I am going to cook dinner tonight b/c I don't want pizza at church. I've got to get the children and myself to church by 6:30 w/o dh's help. Just thinking about the dryer and the insurance make me physically ill and weak feeling -- talk about the mind being powerful. I need it to be powerful in the other direction. I think I'll go pray about that right now -- venting really lets me see deeper into a situation.

Calgon take me away and someone get me the biggest chocolatey cake with fudgey frosting they can find, only bring 1 fork needed!!!
#68 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 05:14 PM

Electra -- the last time I was drowning in laundry because the washer broke, I finally took most of what I had to the laundrymat and ran through an entire role of quarters, but at least stuff was clean and the kids had underwear. Any shot you could do the same? Maybe it would at least get you out of the hole (laundry-wise) for a bit? Just a thought and I have no idea what your situation is. As for the repair people's comments -- how on earth can you not use a dryer properly? I mean, how could anyone screw it up?

We had our carpets cleaned yesterday, so today's task is to put everything back in place. Plus my mother is coming to visit for the weekend tomorrow, so I need to clean the guest room and the bathrooms. Its been a couple of weeks of ignoring all the Fly stuff except basic routines. But I also realized, as DH and I talked about what had to be done before Thursday, that keeping up with stuff has really paid off because there is a lot less "emergency" cleaning this week than there ever has been in the past! Maybe I won't be up past midnight tonight to get ready.
#69 of 116 Old 03-02-2005, 06:17 PM

I've noticed since I've been doing flylady, I don't have to do as much last minute cleaning. I do have toys all over the place of course. Every night as part of ds's night time routine we put away the toys, but during the day, they get pulled out again. :LOL So we do have to round up the toys at the last minute.
when dh and I first got married (and up until recently) anytime his parents came to see us, we frantically cleaned all day. Now there isn't anything left to clean (except the toys) But that's life.
#70 of 116 Old 03-03-2005, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

This will take the cake ladies...

The repairman on Mon and Tues did not replace all the pieces necessary. A different repairman came out today, told me the guy didn't do what he was suppose to do and I would only be charged for the 1 service call and 1 set of parts!!!

No wonder I was being made to feel guilty, the 1st guy didn't do his job correctly.

I have to reattach the hose, but then I'm good to go (knock on wood). 15 loads to do to play catch-up.
#71 of 116 Old 03-03-2005, 12:25 PM

I have inlaws and parents that live about 45 minutes away, and would call the house and say "Hey, what are you guys doing? We're at Costco" (about 15 minutes away). This would throw us into a cleaning tizzy. It wasn't cool.

I can't wait till the next time his mother's out shopping this way. You know, when I can say, "Sure! Come on over!" and not have to lift a finger except to open the front door for her.

#72 of 116 Old 03-05-2005, 04:43 PM

Hey all!!

Elektra, glad your dryer was fixed! Sounds like it was a nightmare! I didn't have a washer and dryer for years, when I was living in an apartment. 'Course, that was in my single days so it was no big deal to go to the laundromat, but even then I wasn't too fond of it. I moved into my house and there was no dryer hookup--the previous owners were retirees in their 70's and quite frugal, and when my realtor asked about if there was a hookup the man was like, "It's Arizona!! Who needs a dryer?!" I had the feeling that it was because it was his wife and not him who spent the last 40 years out hanging and ironing their clothes!! One of the first things I did when I bought the house was have a dryer hookup installed!! I would be seriously upset if my dryer was not functioning and I don't have kids clothes or cloth diapers, much less sick kid clothes!! Hugs to you!! Hope you're catching up and whipping it into shape!!

SharonAnne, sounds like you are getting it whipped into shape too!! Hope you blow your MIL away with your sparkly home!!

Here I am in a 24 hour period of being somewhat fallen off the flywagon, but nothing is so bad that it can't be picked up with a few moments of work. My exchange "daughter" just did the breakfast dishes, and DH is heading out to whup on the front yard!! I wasn't feeling great last night so I popped a frozen lasagna in the oven and set the timer and left instructions with the crew to take it out when the timer went off, and went to lie down for a while. I ended up falling asleep until about 9:30 pm, which of course got me all off of my routines. I was up but feeling lazy and tired until 2 or 3 am, then went to sleep, then this am I had an appointment at 10.

As far as telling DH about Flylady, I told DH about Flylady and that I was trying the new system. I asked a few things of him (help decluttering, keeping the sink shiny, wiping the bathroom, etc.) My DH is unusual in that he actually has done a lot more of the housework than I have since we've been married, and I think he's excited that I'm taking more of an active role in cleaning and laundry!! (I swear that I hadn't done more than a load or two of laundry in the last 6 months! : ) I'm not a total slob, but we both work fulltime and have been somewhat overwhelmed by the house. I'm still getting used to being a homeowner and a wife! Anyway, my DH has turned into a total crazy flybaby!! He is doing something every day here in the house, decluttering and getting rid of stuff I thought he'd never let go of, and is totally into it!! The other day I came home from somewhere and the bathroom was all clean and there was a post-it note on the mirror that said, "Guess who was here? Over . . . . " (with an arrow indicating to turn the note over and read the back side.) On the back side, it said, "That's right, Da Flylady!" He actually 1) listened to me read her chapter on clutter out loud to him and our exchange daughter, 2) looked over her website, 3) signed up for the emails, and 4) is now reading "Sink Reflections"!!! He said that the missing piece for him that she put together is to just do a little bit every day. And the part about releasing clutter really hit us, although we both sort of have been doing some "Feng Shui" decluttering all along. We're all pretty funny around here now!! My "DD" is interested in it too, and asks me every week, "What zone are we in now?" She thinks our house is getting better too, so that's nice! We still have a lot of home maintenance/remodeling-type stuff to do (flooring in her bedroom, tile in the rest of the house which is bare concrete since we ripped the carpet up after our elderly dog got too incontinent, etc.) But it's a heck of a lot better. The part about perfectionism actually being the problem really was what hit home for me.

Well, I must go--I am going to go help DH with the front yard!!
#73 of 116 Old 03-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Hi everyone,

I am really starting to fly! Already I find I have to wipe the sink out as soon as I run some water. Hope I am not getting obsessive :LOL I have also started an evening routine and plan to start a morning one. I feel more organized already.

Electra375 - Glad your dryer is fixed. Hope you were able to catch up and are feeling better. I can't even imagine what you are going through. There are only 3 of us and I can barely keep up with the laundry.

Kavita - It is great that your dh is such a big help. Mine does the laundry but I don't think he knows how to clean the bathroom :LOL

Anyway, I am glad the boards are back up. I was just getting started and I didn't have anyone to tell.
#74 of 116 Old 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM

Wow, this thread has so inspired me! I am in total CHAOS and am about to move for the sixth time in under four years. There is so much clutter that I can't breathe. This is what I've been waiting for!
#75 of 116 Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 AM

It is pretty quiet on this thread. Is anyone still flying????
#76 of 116 Old 03-16-2005, 12:17 PM

I've been mostly lurking on these forums, due to less time spending on the computer, because I'm flying. My house really is coming into such great order. I have 3 hallway closets, all of which are completely organized. I cleaned out my stove last week for my zone cleaning. I haven't done that in 2 years!!!!!! It was some major work let me tell you. This week's zone is bathroom, kids room and laundry room. I did so well on the BR and kids room last month that I really don't have a whole lot to do in there. But, the laundy room/garage, well that's another story.

How's everyone else?
#77 of 116 Old 03-16-2005, 01:16 PM

NorCal Mama - Sounds like you are doing great! Good for you.

Well, I am working on it. Still doing my evening routine and working on getting more into my morning one. I am still amazed at how much you can get done in 15 minutes! I also find the 2 minute hot spot thing an amazing way to keep my dining room table cleaned off. My next big project is my bedroom closet. At Christmas time this year I spent a week doing a huge de-clutter (before I learned about baby steps) and got rid of a ton of stuff. The only problem is everything I didn't get rid of ended up in my closet and now it is bursting. :

How is everyone else?
#78 of 116 Old 03-16-2005, 02:49 PM

I'm floundering. I'm hitting my third trimester and it's getting kinda hard to FLY. I'm doing more of a waddle these days. :LOL

I really need to get back into doing routines, because that's where I'm lacking the most right now. It's hard to settle into any kind of routine, these days though. And the thing that's bugging me the most is that most mornings, I can't make my bed. This is driving me insane.

We have a platform bed, with the mattress recessed into the "box" sorta thingie. So, after my husband tosses and turns and pulls one corner of the fitted sheet up, I have to pry the corner of the mattress up and stick the sheet back on it. Well, I can't lift the mattress anymore, so I end up leaving it till he gets home from work and puts the sheet back on for me.

Maybe I should just make the bed OVER the lifted corner, so at least I don't have a messy bedroom.

Other than that, I"m pleased to report there is nothing in my sink, although it's not exactly shiny.

Hopefully, once I get done with this lousy head cold, I'll be doing better and able to get back on the flylady wagon to some extent.

#79 of 116 Old 03-16-2005, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollysMom
It is pretty quiet on this thread. Is anyone still flying????
I guess I'm still fluttering along. I've been sick, so it's been hard. FlyLady's adage "You can do anything for 15 minutes" isn't always true- often I have to do housework in 2 or 3 minute incriments (I'm not big on using the timer. I stop working when I start to feel dizzy.)

I've been focusing on getting the dishes washed every night. When I feel better, I get them put away every morning, but if I'm too dizzy to do it, I try to get one of the girls to do it, and that might not happen until after school.

The girls have been picking out their clothes the night before, and nobody's been more than half an hour late to school in a while. Many days all 3 kids actually make it to school on time.

Daily missions are just NOT happening right now.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#80 of 116 Old 03-22-2005, 11:18 PM

O.K., I've been having a rough time this week. I was a little sick last week, and it brought me down a little. I'm still a little sniffly, but, once I get out of a routine, I have such a hard time, getting back into it. It's the same for exercise. :

I need some motivation. This week is suppose to be my bedroom closet, and I still haven't finished my Weekly Home Blessing.
#81 of 116 Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 PM

Hi...FLYing in here a bit late...
I'm a FLYfetus...I'm trying...I really really am trying...but like a PP...I have no motivation. I kept my sink clean for a whole week...and then we left town for a wedding and now it's full again. I'm out of sorts....I know, excuses excuses...Just send me some FLY thoughts and I'll do what I can from my end. Tomorrow, my goal is to clean the sink and pick up Willow's toys out of the living room...

I'll see ya'll tomorrow.
Happy FLYing!

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#82 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 01:09 AM

I just unsubscribed from the flylady emails. The testimonials and even the daily missions where starting to repeat themselves. I miss the motivation though. baby crying, gotta go
#83 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 11:13 AM

christeenybeany, willowsmom & NorCal Mama - Sorry you guys are having a tough time. Sometimes you have to let stuff go for a while and then start again.

I started my Control Journal. I find the morning and evening routines really helpful, but I have to admit I am still finding it tough to get stuff done in the time that I am at home. Between commuting and work I am out of the house every weekday from 6:30 am to 5:30pm. Oh well I am still doing better than I was before I started fluttering.
#84 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 AM

You guys, as a FLYBaby who's been on/off the FLYwagon for years, my best advice is to remember what Flylady always says; your house did not get messy in one day, it will not get clean in one day.

Start small, JUST shine your sink, and then, incorporate making sure it stays clean and clear into your daily routine. This is how you build routines, by changing ONE thing at a time.

When you feel up to it, add something else. DON"T TRY TO DO EVERYTHING AT ONCE OR YOU WILL BURN OUT. Trust me on this, I have been there.

I don't get the emails. I can't deal with that much email. But, i visit the website every day. You can find testamonials there, you can find zone work and kelly's missions and everything else there. You don't need the emails when you get into a routine anyway, because you're automatically doing just about everything that's in the emails, anyway.

START SMALL! BABY STEPS!!!

HTH

#85 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 06:09 PM

I must confess that I haven't been doing so well for the last 2-3 weeks either. Just too much to do and not enough time in the day, I guess. But, I am very proud of myself for keeping up with the basic morning and evening routines. So, while I feel like I haven't made any real progress lately and things are a little messier than they were a month ago, I also haven't lost any significant ground. Which is saying a lot compared to how things were 6 months ago. My goal is to tackle a couple of missions tomorrow and re-dedicate myself.
#86 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 06:37 PM

I'm feeling better about myself too. I have almost all of my weekly house blessings done. Just having the floors vacuumed, swept and mopped makes a world of difference.

Remember, "Housework done incorrectly, still blesses the family." -The FlyLady

I've been reminding myself this lately.
#87 of 116 Old 03-23-2005, 06:43 PM

I need to remind myself of that too NorCal.

I'm in a terrible depression right now...and talking with DH about it last night...I really am the perfectionist. I'm so overwhelmed with all that needs to be done...and if I can't do it all right when I want it done..then I don't bother. Oy...Vicious circle...Anyway...I cleaned my sink today...got the kitchen looking better...picked up some of Willow's toys...so...I suppose I just have to...Get over my issues and do it.

Talk to ya'll later.

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#88 of 116 Old 03-24-2005, 01:33 PM

I am not the least bit ashamed to say that my sink is FULL of dishes right now. I didn't have the energy to load the dishwasher after dinner last night, and I didn't have the time to do it this morning.

It feels like an overwhelming, insurmountable task right now. There are dishes IN the dishwasher. I know I don't have enough space left in the dishwasher to fit all the dishes that are in the sink. This means I'll either have to clean some by hand, or fill the dishwasher up part way after the first load is done. And I hate doing that. I want it done NOW and I want it done RIGHT, or it's not getting done at ALL!

How whiny and silly does THAT sound? :LOL You guys are right, even housework done incorrectly blesses my family; and screw my family, it blesses me. I'll feel better when it's done and I know it.

Guess who's shining her sink after work today?

#89 of 116 Old 03-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I run my dishwasher every night even if it not completely full, it helps keep things running a bit more smoothly.

I used to empty the dishwasher every morning and refill it as the day goes on, but I've been dizzy and sick and lately I've been getting the girls to empty the dishwshwer whenver they can and filling the dishwasher and running it right before bed.

I have so much to do I don't even know where to begin!!

We're putting the house on the market in a few weeks. There's mold in my bedroom. My bedroom furniture is in the living room, and I haven't finished emptying all the stuff out of my bedroom (going in there makes me even sicker, so how am I supposed to get the rest of the junk out of there?)

I have a lot of stuff to either sell or give away. I'm planning to give away the stuff that's not worth the effort to sell and sell the stuff that I can make decent money from. The problem is that I've been sick, and home with a sick toddler, so I haven't gotten any pics online of the stuff I want to sell.

Well, the good news is that I'm totally caught up on laundry!!!

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18, and Jack, 12
#90 of 116 Old 03-24-2005, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Falling of the flywagon...

I haven't been keeping up anything lately. I don't know why really. I never did get "routines" down to the the hour, it just isn't who I am, but I had been shining my sink and keeping the main living areas pick-up.

This week with the oldest home on break, I've been stressed keeping peace among the children. I'm so stressed my should rumboid is out and I've got an appt in a bit to get it worked on...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page