Any Flybabies out there? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Mama
I decided to change the name of My Control Journal to My Fly Journal, because it's so Fly.

I've noticed that in the Flylady program that the only cleaning for the tub/shower is wiping it down with a washcloth while your bathing. I decided to add it to My Weekly Houseblessing. Does anyone actually get by with just wiping it down, and it not get built up? My shower is one thing that I'm so proud of now. I used to always have my shower curtain closed because I was embarrased of all the build up, but now, I love seeing the reflection off of the tiles, that I intentionally leave the curtain open.
We've been just wipin it down for about two years and have never had to clean the build up. I used to hate cleaning that thing. This has been such a time saver.

I've tried to do FlyLady but have always gotten lost and overwhelmed on her web site and hit with too much info. I randomly adopted a few things like the shower wipe down and sink cleaning. I need to get the book- maybe that would help. I am so inspired by how well you are all doing.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2005, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

What do you use to clean the shower/tub with? Just regular body soap and cloth?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:35 PM

All we do is wipe it dry with a cloth after every shower or bath- sort of like using the chamois when you wash a car. It has stayed clean that way. I wring out the rag and wipe until the water drops (on the walls) are spread out enough to dry really quick.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I call my control journal "My Shalom Bayis Book" Shalom Bayis is Hebrew for domestic tranquility/peace in the home.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 02-02-2005, 03:09 PM

I learned that using liquid soap, instead of bar soap, makes a dramatic difference in how dirty the tub gets. I threw out all of the bar soap.
Old 02-02-2005, 04:05 PM

I the Earth Scrub recipe from Karen Logan's Clean House, Clean Planet. It cleans the bathtub, sink, toilet, counter, floor, everything!

If I'm feeling too lazy to scrub and rinse, I just spray on some diluted scented vinegar and that works pretty well too.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Old 02-03-2005, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

I decluttered one hallway closet and one kitchen drawer, and came up with a whole trunk load full of stuff. I'm SO proud of myself.

I haven't yet gotten into the timer. I read one of yesterday's testimonials, and it convinced me to go get a timer. Today is shopping day for me, I'm going to look for a timer.

How's everyone else doing?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:47 PM

I just use my kitchen timer -- I've got one with the microwave and one with the stove. It saves money and clutter not to go buy something you can do without.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:05 PM

I don't do the timer well. I'd rather go for a specific small goal and stop when I feel tired.

Yesterday, I tried to clean for 15 minutes. After about 3 or 4 I was too dizzy to continue- so I had a few 3 minute cleaning sessions instead of one "big" 15 minute one.

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Old 02-03-2005, 04:08 PM

Ruthla -- are you pregnant? Using cleaners that are affecting you? Dizziness is not a good sign... I hope you're okay.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:23 PM - Thread Starter

My dh has been having a hard time, not putting dirty dishes into the sink like I had asked. A few days ago, I told him, that sinks can get water spots like a car can, that my sink was to me like a car is to him. He's a car guy big time. I haven't seen a dirty dish in the sink yet. :LOL

User Tag List