Declutter success (well, today anyway) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-31-2005, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have resolved to put our house on the market in mid-April. This timing, while good in many ways, corresponds to the busiest part of my husband's semester of research, TAing, thesis-writing and graduation prep. So that means that most of the work will fall on my shoulders. I don't mind (because I am the driving force behind the move) and won't complain, but it's still an awesome job.

So today I'm reporting that I listed five things on freecycle and collected two bags of donations and a bag of trash. How on earth did I get all this stuff?

Let's go momentum!!!
#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2005, 06:15 PM

Good for you!
I decluttered a bunch before we moved, and I still tossed a bunch when we moved in LOL
#3 of 5 Old 01-31-2005, 06:48 PM

We are not moving but since we moved into our house 6 years ago I can't believe the clutter we have. Today I cleaned out DS's room and toy box. Tomorrow I am going through my room and closets. I figure if I do one room a day or at a time I won't run out of steam. I'm just throwing all the stuff in the back of DH's truck and he gets to drive it to the Goodwill store this weekend.
#4 of 5 Old 02-01-2005, 12:24 AM

I go on periodic declutter fests (works best when I am pmsing). We are pretty pared down now, though my closet is about to get the once over again. I just really like having less stuff.

I am amazed on the weekends when we drive around the neighborhood and I see people with their garage's open and FULL of stuff! It would make me claustrophobic.
#5 of 5 Old 02-01-2005, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle
I go on periodic declutter fests (works best when I am pmsing).
I've noticed the PMS connection here, too. I wonder what that's about? I'm always aware that my period is a day or two away when I start to go on cleaning rampages and start fussing about shoes not matched up on the shoe rack or whatever. And, as it happens, my original post came two days before my period started so it was true this month again.

I've just got both kids down for naps so I'm heading into the basement with a bag and I'm not coming up until the bag (a big contractor-size) is full or a kid wakes up, whichever comes first.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page