Weekly Challenge!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 02-07-2005, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What's your cleaning/decluttering/organizing goal this week?
Let's share and cheer each other one!

Mine is my computer desk.
I will post a pic. It's pretty pathetic!
Annette

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#2 of 21 Old 02-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WE set up Julianna's wardrobe and shelves so she can keep her things in order. We stole her closet last fall when we built a master bath and dh wasn't going to get around to building her another closet so I picked up a wardrobe.

It seems to be working well so far.

Debra Baker
#3 of 21 Old 02-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Location: In the Central Valley, dreaming of my home by the bay..
Mine is working in the spare room. I have tons of stuff still to organize, file and sort. I usually try to work in there when DH is home to watch DD So probably Wednesday I will spend a good chunk of time in there...

SpiralScoutin' Homeschoolin' Mama to Michael, Citizen of Portlandia, age 21, Danielle, Artist in Residence, Age 9 & Jack-Jack, Minecraft Maniac, Age 6
#4 of 21 Old 02-07-2005, 09:00 PM

I want to get my bedroom organized/cleaned.
I have room for a craft area- I just have to get the leftover boxes form moving gone through, and move stuff around.
Gee, that sounds easier than it will be!
#5 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 07:45 PM

I want to clean out the drawers in my bedroom and bathroom, and clean the bathroom. I need to get rid of things I don't wear/use, and organize what's left nicely.
#6 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone else going to post pictures? I just found my camera hiding in my desk.
I am so ashamed of this mess!
Annette

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#7 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 08:00 PM

Uh, I would, if I could find:
A) the digital camera,
B) where the heck the rechargeable batteries for it got put by my DH,
C) where the battery charger is, provided item B got accomplished,
D) where the cable is to connect the camera to the computer,
E) where the software is to load onto said computer, to download the pictures.

Oh, and then this would also require time and motivation to really figure out how the heck to use the camera, get the software up and running, download the pics, and figuring out how to put the link in here.

:

In my defense, I must say that this particular digital camera was a gift (unsolicited) from my dad a few years ago because he bought one for himself and likes it. I have a nice Cannon 35 mm camera that I really like, and I like using an actual "real" camera for most photography, and I don't think I would have bought a digital camera like this one for myself. (I find this particular model really complicated and have never really figured out all the settings, instructions, etc.) DH likes it though, so it's sort of morphed into being his camera!

Perhaps I'll have to re-explore this issue though and start taking pics so I can post stuff . . . maybe that'll be next week's project!!
#8 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, the shame...

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/s...&x=1&sm=1&sl=1

#9 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

Here's Julianna's room. Not perfect but I went in without tidying up and took the pictures.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAN2zNwzbN2bE3A

Not bad for a 5yo.

DB
#10 of 21 Old 02-08-2005, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

I love her dollhouse.

Gosh, your daughter's room is nicer than my room!
Annette

#11 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 02:58 PM

Goals for this week:
-get rid of excess fabric and yarn (sent a garbage bag of fleece off to a friend; have arranged for someone from freecycle to pick up another garbage bag of fabric and yarn odds and ends)
-get rid of unloved books and toys (someone from freecycle hopefully coming for this today)
-get rid of unworn clothing (someone from freecycle is coming by on Friday to pick up four bags of my stuff; another garbage bag full ready for consignment/ebay)
-clear my office desk (afternoon goal - Annette, I feel your pain!)
-clear kitchen counters of stuff that doesn't belong there
-move at least two more garbage bags full of stuff out of here - likely from the den, which has been overrun by junk creep
-move digital photos from computer to CD so we can organize our system a little better (yes, we're even running out of computer space!!)

There's more, but accomplishing this much will at least make me feel like I'm off to a good start.

Previous successes this month:
-sent off seven big bags of partially used cleaning and personal products (freecycle)
-sent off our unused fish tank and accessories (freecycle)
-sent off never-to-be-used fabric
-cleared kitchen cabinets of unused small appliances and pans
-reorganized kitchen cupboards to maximize space and get a better handle on what's actually lurking in there

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#12 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 05:09 PM

I love this thread!
I want to FINALLY take DH's extra clothes to Goodwill.
I'm not even sure how the ended up in MY meditation room anyway!
I'd also like to try and find DS's bedtime book and LeapFrog that I haven't seen since vacation a month ago.
I also want to pick up in my car. You should see it!
Good luck everyone!
Chrissy

Spiral Chrissy, loving my life treehugger.gifread.gifhippie.gif, Mama to DS bouncy.gif (8/6/03), wife to DH guitar.gif, and hoping for another little bean dust.gifnamaste.gif
#13 of 21 Old 02-22-2005, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

I did take care of my computer desk, but it's already starting to get messy again.

I also put all my kids' toys with little pieces in storage containers and have them stacked on top of the hutch. It's sort of like a toy library now!

Next step... the craft supplies (shudder!)

#14 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 11:25 AM

Ugh- I don't wanna even hink about mine.

My MIL is coming and I want the house 90% cleaner/less clutterd than it is. I HATE it when she invites herself over. Her house is very small and always very neat/clean and mine is big and NOT. When we bought the house, she came up the day after we moved in to help, and freaked out about some dust on the lazy susan shelves in the cupboard. So everything has to be declutteed and absolutely spotless. I don't even have all my Christmas lights down!!!
#15 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 05:50 PM

There are SOOO many things I wish to get done. I'm a little cluttered and dh is much more so....and with a toddler now it can get pretty disorganized. Eventually I'd like to get myself organized so it is less work to upkeep.

For this week though (realistically) I'd really like to get the kitchen spotless and the clutter organized from the counters and the table. I'd also like to get two meals in the freezer to get a stock pile started.

Good luck to all of you...you are inspiring me to tackle the mess
#16 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 07:51 PM

Woo hoo! Just sent off about four garbage bags full of stuff (clothing, yarn, fabric) with a woman from freecycle. Place is still a mess, but at least there's more room somewhere. Now to finally tackle the desk and kitchen counter...

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#17 of 21 Old 02-23-2005, 11:42 PM

well I am making progress too I froze half a batch of cranberry oat muffins and I spent half an hour sorting thru mail and papers. Still a long ways to go but hey it's a little better.
#18 of 21 Old 02-25-2005, 04:59 AM

kitchen counters
one bathroom's counters

too much to do but overwhelming. i like the idea of weekly goals, maybe it would happen...that would be great
#19 of 21 Old 02-26-2005, 12:05 AM

(annettemarie-your new picture is really pretty)

I made some more progress today. I got food in the freezer: pasta dish and some rice. I also did three loads of dishes in the dishwasher and yes : that had been a lot of backed up dishes on my counter.

And tomorrow mil comes to visit so dh will be motivated to help me clean the house tomorrow morning.

KoalaMama- You sure have been busy getting rid of stuff! I'm jealous, I've got so much stuff still to sort and give away. We moved in November and still haven't unpacked and sorted thru the junk boxes.
#20 of 21 Old 02-26-2005, 12:10 AM

surf_mama... Give it another couple months, and if you still haven't needed to open the boxes just pitch them! (I'm much better at giving this advice than acting on it, but still think it's good advice!)

Just about to finish cleaning my desk and starting on the den closet. The den is a disaster and really needs to be cleaned, but I have to actuall remove the junk from every surface in the place before I can even attempt cleaning anything. Ugh!

Melanie
#21 of 21 Old 02-26-2005, 12:28 AM

Well my house looks pretty decent upstairs so my goal up there is to maintain our bedrooms, keep up with the laundry and dishes, and organize some of our paperwork. Downstairs...my basement/family room is trashed. I hope to get it clean tomorrow and then start organizing stuff for our summer yard sale and to sell on consignment. Boy is my basement scary... :LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page