TLC's Clean Sweep show - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2005, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else love this show?

I do! Not only inspiring, but also makes me feel better when I see how WICKED NASTY those people's houses are, and also the cute carpenter boy is an incentive to watch

Although it seems kinda weird to have someone come to your house and tell you that you have to get rid of stuff you really like... hmm...

Am I the only Clean Sweep addict out there?

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2005, 03:28 PM

"Am I the only Clean Sweep addict out there?"

Nope. I used to watch it very day. : I don't have time anymore because DD keps me too busy, but when sh was an infant, I became addicted. I decided to TiVO and episode a couple weeks ago, and wouldn't you know it was one I had already seen. But at least it was a gooooood one- the one with the mother and sister of the kid who played Chunk in the Goonies. They still had a head shot of him in a closet- they hadn't used the room in like 14 years because it was so disgusting, and there was also a bottle of medicine on the floor that was 20 years old or something like that. And the mother had thse built-in bnches that had storage in them, and there was so much crap in thm that the crew had to wear respirator masks and clean everything with (yuck!) bleach.

Anyway, I like Peter and like the rules he and Shelly set up for people to follow. It is inspiring and helpful.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:56 AM

I Clean Sweep. It i the BEST way to clean and organize, INMO :LOL

Oh, to have Eric to give ideas and dimensions to...and have him just build shelves and cabinets!! That's a major fantasy for me

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 02-27-2005, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom4tot
I Clean Sweep. It i the BEST way to clean and organize, INMO :LOL

Oh, to have Eric to give ideas and dimensions to...and have him just build shelves and cabinets!! That's a major fantasy for me

Ah yes, Eric's dimensions inspire fantasies over here, too.

Love that show!
Old 02-27-2005, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

That's too funny
My husband thinks I'm lunatic for crushing on him. I said it's like him watching that show 'Rides' with the incentive of the hot girl on it. He said "You've got your own carpenter right here in the house!" I tried telling him to put on a tighter shirt, and maybe I'd change my mind!

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 03-03-2005, 02:38 PM

I LOVE cleansweep!!

I love the hunky carpenter guy too!

Its on twice a day and I am lucky- DD loves it too! She loves the beginning when they clean out the room and it speeds up. She says they're dancing.

But she always says at the beginning- "eww what a mess!"

Some of the things that Peter has said to people has helped me out a lot. Such as save only one piece of some one's elses that has passed on. Also if its no use why are you keeping it or if its so special why is it gathering dust.

But we went to a playdate and though the house would not make it to clean sweep, they had stuff piled here and there. DD walks in and says

"EWWWW what a mess."

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 PM

I love it too!

We are expecting our first baby so we decided that before : comes we are going to completely clear out our "storage" room and our living room and divid it into three sections outside like they do. I hope it works!! We are so disorganized and I can't handle it anymore!!! We can't even find what we need! This show has defiantly made me look at things differently!

*erin*
#1 edd 10/29/05

Happily married, Waldorf-inspired homeschooler to Kylan (8yo), Everest (6yo), and Bodhi (2yo)
Old 03-15-2005, 11:55 PM

Another Cleen Sweep fan here! Every time I watch the show I am motivated to throw something out or list something on Freecycle. I wish they could Cleen Sweep our basement. It's unfinished right now so if we don't know what to do with something it goes down there. :

The show also makes me feel a little better because at least our house doesn't look THAT bad!
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 PM

Me too!! Me too!!!

I'm not too hot on Eric the Carpenter....although he is very handy with a saw and hammer.... What a great talent!!

I love to see them going through the sort. What sorts of things are valuable to each person and what do they want to hold onto....what will they let go of with some coaxing...and what do they put in the Sell pile immediately. Very interesting.....
I also like seeing the before and after shots. I have to admit that I do get an evil pleasure from seeing rooms that are in worse shape than mine!!

Shannon & Paul...married since 2000. Parents to Alexander Paul Martin - 30 October, 2003 Grace Elizabeth Maile - 12 June, 2009
Old 02-05-2006, 05:06 PM

I never would have seen this website had I not done a search on "Clean Sweep". Glad to see so many of us like this show (and Eric-I think he's a riot!) Thank goodness for my Dish PVR! Now I can watch them whenever I want, and fast-forward through the commercials.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to MDC!!! Glad you revived this thread... I haven't thought about that show in quite a while! We don't have cable anymore since we moved into a city that we can get TV reception (only 3 channels, but not bad ). It was such an inspiring show, I miss it! It seems like a while ago I saw a knock off of it on another channel with a host who was supposed to be really sassy. It was REALLY stupid! I wonder if that one's still on.

User Tag List