Spring Cleaning Grand Plan Anyone?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-24-2005, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It starts on Easter Sunday, but the first week is primarily planning. Don't let it starting on a holiday stop you. You can always start the on Monday. I'd love to have a support thread here as well as on OH.

http://www.organizedhome.com/ftopict-8024.html
#2 of 13 Old 03-24-2005, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I do my own closet first. Then make the kids try on all their spring stuff to see what still fits. Then we can make a list on what they need for the new warm season. After all the clothes closets are done, I hit the hall closet and the pantry for items that need to be repaired or discarded. Finally the linen closets and the guest bedroom. Garage last because I need hubby's help. It generally takes me a whole month to finish the process. I sweep out and sometimes will paint or touch up paint and recover shelves as I go.

I think it is worth it to inventory your home and possesions this way.
#3 of 13 Old 03-25-2005, 03:13 PM

I was just coming to post about being in the Spring Cleaning type of mood! I honestly feel like scrubbing the walls : I haven't felt that way since nesting... I'm off to check out the link!

Rhianna momma to ds #1 - 9 & ds #2 - born 10/22/2012

#4 of 13 Old 03-26-2005, 07:47 PM

I'm in. This time of year is great for "nesting" and Spring cleaning We are in the Northeast and our closets get really messy now from Spring things moving in on top of still needed cooler weather items. But, I would love to have a plan and be organized about it...thanks!

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#5 of 13 Old 03-27-2005, 02:45 PM

Hmmm.....

Sounds good - but I don't know if I will have the time for all of it. I hope I can muster some of it atleast, its a good plan.

Thanks!
#6 of 13 Old 03-28-2005, 12:23 AM

Oh my house so needs an over haul!!! I plan to start at one end of the house and work right though the whole thing... now for my bathroom (storage room of junk) or ds's room (pretty much a room of junk LOL) oh well have to work tomorrow, but only for 1/2 the day so i guess i need to motivate myself and get started since i will be having a rumage sale about the last weekend of may and i want to make some extra $$ so i need to organize for that too since last year i was pg and waited till the last 3 days and only made about $80 or so and this year i'm hoping for 2-300...
#7 of 13 Old 03-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom
I do my own closet first. Then make the kids try on all their spring stuff to see what still fits. Then we can make a list on what they need for the new warm season. After all the clothes closets are done, I hit the hall closet and the pantry for items that need to be repaired or discarded. Finally the linen closets and the guest bedroom. Garage last because I need hubby's help. It generally takes me a whole month to finish the process. I sweep out and sometimes will paint or touch up paint and recover shelves as I go.

I think it is worth it to inventory your home and possesions this way.
I wish I was this motavated!
#8 of 13 Old 03-28-2005, 02:06 PM

I've been thinking about this and I think this thread was the kick in the butt I needed. Off to start with my bedroom. . .
#9 of 13 Old 03-28-2005, 10:16 PM

Well I didn't get much done in the bedroom beyond the normal cleaning. I did manage to pull out all of my large kitchen appliances and vacuum under them. *Scary* stuff under there. I amazed my fridge was still working with all of the German Shedder dog hair stuck to the intake.
#10 of 13 Old 03-28-2005, 10:42 PM

Well. : I wish I could get my dh to read that site. I'd love a tip-to-toe spotless house that someone *else* spring-cleaned. I read that last yr, and again a few minutes ago. All I can say is that it sounds extremely BORING. I love the results, but doing all that alone? No. Just no.
#11 of 13 Old 03-29-2005, 02:17 PM

Wow its a lot of work but over days it should work well. I find once I get started, I can get going and really make progress.

But, for organization- I go thru and declutter ever 3-4 months and its time. I need to declutter the toyroom and office as well as the clothing for all of us.
This takes priority before cleaning since its makes cleaning easier.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#12 of 13 Old 04-03-2005, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I've been so busy doing that I haven't been posting. I decided to start with DD's room since that was the biggest project. We got it painted and it looks great. it was a lot of work but the results were worth it.

http://photos.yahoo.com/hochmut

Will be tweaking her room the rest of the week and culling books and clothes.
#13 of 13 Old 04-03-2005, 06:15 PM
Ame

it's overwhelming...really really overwhelming

idon't have much of a plan except that I am selling anything and everthing that A. doesn't fit B. hasn't been worn/used in the last 6 months

i've been listing it all on eBay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page