Schedule/list of chores - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-31-2005, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, I was a subscriber of FlyLady for one day. I'm looking for a list or some type of schedule that other moms use on a daily/weekly basis. What needs to be done each day, weekly, monthly.
#2 of 6 Old 03-31-2005, 06:10 PM

Hi, Jitterbug!

I's made my own list and it isn't computerized, but you might like www.starorganizer.com if you lie=ke the idea of an e-mail list but don't want 77 a day. They only send out one.

Here are a couple other good sites:

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html?
http://www.mymessyhouse.com/
#3 of 6 Old 03-31-2005, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you! FlyLady was driving me bonkers. How are you expected to clean if you're constantly deleting e-mails from your inbox? Imagine my : when I went away for the weekend -- I guess it was punishment for leaving a dirty house.
#4 of 6 Old 04-01-2005, 09:21 AM

I got tired of the million emails a day so I changed my flylady subscription to daily digest. Maybe that would work for you?

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#5 of 6 Old 04-01-2005, 10:22 AM

Hey Maggie - That second link in your post leads to a plant hardiness zone map from the National Arboretum. Useful info, but I'm guessing not what you meant to post there. :LOL
#6 of 6 Old 04-02-2005, 09:41 AM

You might have better luck with daily/weekly lists by just checking out Flylady's website, rather than being a subscriber. I think she breaks it down in the Flying Lessons section. I can't stomach the kazillion daily e-mails, but I like a lot of her info. I found her book at the thrift store, and that's pretty inspirational too.

I second the mymessyhouse.com recommendation - that's another good site.

A good, but kind of overwhelming book - Home Comforts, The Art & Science of Keeping House by Cheryl Mendelson - breaks down daily, weekly & monthly schedules. Of course if you followed her recommendations you'd be a total slave to housework (the section on dust mites really skeeved me out) but it's a good starting point for trying to put some sort of schedule in place.

One of my new year's resolutions was to have better daily & weekly routines in place - I was inspired by Flylady, and created these printed sheets that I could check off different tasks - daily stuff, plus each day of the week had a bigger item (cleaning the bathrooms one day, mopping some floors another, etc.) They are great forms, but they are still sitting, entirely unused, in a binder somewhere - lol .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page