so how do you keep a clean clutter free home? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-10-2005, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a huge work in progress when it comes to clutter.. I have WAAAAY too much, and I have emotional attachments to things, making it difficult to get rid of...

that said, my friend is the polar opposite - she is the absolute clutter-free QUEEN - and she said something that I really try to remember and use when I am attempting to declutter - "Is this really improving the quality of my life to hold onto this?"
I forget to ask myself that a lot, but when I do, I really find it is easier to let go... Now, if I just made the time to go through my house and ask myself that rather than sitting here posting about it... haha

Hope that helps!! I feel your clutter pain!! TRULY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2005, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GR8KIDS
Yeah, maybe I should just save one item of too-small clothing and when/if I ever manage to fit in it, I can reward myself with a shopping spree!
I didn't say SPREE I said someTHING (singular)! :LOL but when in fact I fit into a size 4 suit again I will do a spree. But I will also have time to work out daily for 1-2 hours like I did in that lifetime kwim?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 AM

Recycle.
Shred.
Donate.
Give away to a friend.
Trash.

I don't care if my house is dirty, but cluttered??? NEVER!

I this forum. I get high on decluttering and recycling. :
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM

Does child art-- 3D stuff- count as clutter? Books? What about horse barns made from blocks, and blue wool fleece meandering about posing as a brook for the (plastic breyer)horses to drink from? If any of this counts as clutter, I'm out. lol
Old 05-22-2005, 11:23 PM

My house is cluttered & I think I finally figured out why! I want the house perfectly clean & clutter-free & when it's not I get frustrated and think "I give up". It's all-or-nothing for me~ I can't seem to find a middle ground. *sigh*

Old 05-29-2005, 12:57 AM

I also am a packrat : and I am ashamed that it has gotten this far. Clutter is everywhere. Help!

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry
I this forum. I get high on decluttering and recycling. :

Ok, Cranberry.
I need some help understanding this feeling of highness
Seriously, though, how did you find your way to that feeling? Or was it always so effortless for you to part with sentimental things?

I have sentimental things. . . I have useful, 'someday' items that I have a hard time justifying giving up. . . . But, then I end up being a prisoner to all the stuff I have to manage and store. I know I should let it go and that I'll feel great if my house is clear and zen-ed out, but I've had a hard time getting to that place.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:49 PM

I have clutter too. Certainly not as much as I have had in the past. Two years ago, I went on a decluttering spree. I went through my house and put in boxes stuff that I hadn't used in ages. That included lots of trinkets, cards, papers and clothing. My close friend came to visit and took some of the stuff; the rest I either took to the recycling bin or trashed it. Truthfully, I have never looked back nor have I missed the stuff. In two weeks, I am going to purge again! My home office looks like a paper mill and it making me sick :

afro.jpg
Old 05-29-2005, 10:14 PM

I'm constantly going through closets and dresser drawers even the kids toy boxes (sorry guys ) gathering things we just don't need/use anymore. I always have a bag going in one of the closets that I put stuff in as I find it. I'll either sell it at a consignment store or give it to friends or goodwill or freecycle it. I love it when my house is in order and I love the high I get from helping others.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09

User Tag List