FlyLady vs CleanHome? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 66 Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just discovered another home-organizing website/yahoo group and I'm wondering if anybody else has any experience with it. I'm now subscribed to both cleanhome AND flylady- I'll definitely let you know which one I like better.

http://www.cleanhome.savedme.com

http://www.flylady.net

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 66 Old 04-22-2005, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a flybaby.

Never heard of clean home. Thanks for the link!

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#3 of 66 Old 04-22-2005, 06:31 PM

Oh...I see you finally got your senior name

I've been gone for a while....since you had an ear ache.

Everything better now?

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#4 of 66 Old 04-22-2005, 07:01 PM

gonna try it. I hate flylady! I'm a flip flops and cast iron sink kinda gal.
#5 of 66 Old 04-23-2005, 03:10 AM

CleanHome is driving me CRAZY with all the spelling errors. Don't know why they couldn't run spellcheck before publishing the site.
I like the less structured thing though.
#6 of 66 Old 04-24-2005, 11:34 PM

never heard of clean home before- thanx for the link

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#7 of 66 Old 04-24-2005, 11:48 PM

I've never seen this website before either. Thanks for sharing it. I'm surprised I haven't come across it. I'm obsessed with cleaning and home organizing.
#8 of 66 Old 04-25-2005, 03:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I love www.motivatedmoms.com Much easier than flylady, IMO. Very easy for me to follow

Kristi

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#9 of 66 Old 04-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisandole
I love www.motivatedmoms.com Much easier than flylady, IMO. Very easy for me to follow

Kristi
I looked at the web site and the sample pages. Are the chroes & tasks already printed in the planner or do you put your own in? I love the way the pages are organized but their listed chores & tasks aren't necessarily my chores and tasks. For example, we don't generate enough laundry to do laundry every day but there are other things we do every day.

Thanks.
#10 of 66 Old 04-25-2005, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The chores/tasks are already printed, and there are spaces to add your own, kwim? The daily tasks on the left side are supposed to be done daily, but of course if you don't have enough laundry you don't need to do it And there's space to add your own stuff. The more important part is the specific chores for each date, I love the way they are organized! She has all the tasks that are supposed to be done occasionaly (like cleaing the dryer vent, cleaning outside light fixtures, etc) scheduled throughout the year........I really like it.

Kristi

PS- It must be nice to not have a load of laundry a day, lol!

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

#11 of 66 Old 04-28-2005, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
So, for Motivated Moms you HAVE TO purchase their planner for the system to work?

I took a look at their sample and I'm not sure it would work for me- for example, they list a bunch of chores on Saturdays and that's my Sabbath- well, I guess I COULD do the "Saturday" tasks on Sundays instead, and I would DEFINITELY get the one without the bible verses!!!

The more I look at all these organizational systems out there, the more I think I'll just set up my own via Yahoo Calendar (I can automatically set it up to send reminders out once a month, once a year, etc.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)
#12 of 66 Old 04-29-2005, 01:47 AM

I have to say I'm sold on the Motivated Moms idea! Thanks!

Tina
#13 of 66 Old 04-29-2005, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthla
The more I look at all these organizational systems out there, the more I think I'll just set up my own via Yahoo Calendar (I can automatically set it up to send reminders out once a month, once a year, etc.)
can you tutor me so i can do one too

my home needs some serious work to get it back in order. we just have too much stuff for a home our size.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#14 of 66 Old 04-29-2005, 04:56 PM

I jsut can't do it. I wasted my ink printing out the schedule. I don't even know why I wanted to try it. I keep my house clean anyway. Duh.
#15 of 66 Old 04-30-2005, 09:36 AM

FlyLady drives me crazy with all the emails you get. I'm going to try cleanhomes and see how that works!!
#16 of 66 Old 04-30-2005, 11:57 AM

ITA. I was trying to declutter my life, but I had to keep decluttering (is that a word?) my Inbox

Tina
#17 of 66 Old 05-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Ruthla--THANK YOU for posting this thread--I have been looking & looking & nothing works for me---Flylady--nope--I stay with for about 2 minutes tops...then get off track. The Motivated Moms..not for me--but this-- the CleanHomes.. I have a really good feeling it's for ME!!!

Just took the quiz...yes-yes-yes--all the way through.....And I really like that an ADD mom started it--that's what I think a lot of my issue w/ the disorganization is...

Wahoo!! thanks!!
#18 of 66 Old 05-05-2005, 03:28 AM

Subscribing....
#19 of 66 Old 05-05-2005, 03:30 AM

Oops, I said I was subscribing, but then, I forgot.
#20 of 66 Old 05-05-2005, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Mama
Oops, I said I was subscribing, but then, I forgot.
:

#21 of 66 Old 05-05-2005, 05:35 PM

I just checked out the Motivated Moms and the cleanhomes website. It basicly looks like what I've already done with the FlyLady program. I don't do the e-mails. I have a control journal. I do the morning and evening routines, and the weekly. I do the zones when I can, and lately it's been more often not. I don't beat myself when I'm not able to clean up after dinner one night because I'm so exhausted, or if I didn't do any zone cleaning. I just know that when I do do the regular routines, I feel better about myself and the home that I spend most of my time in. I love the organization of FlyLady, I just don't take it to the extreme, and make myself do every little thing.
#22 of 66 Old 05-09-2005, 09:15 PM

I have this "thing" with the zones -- they bug me. So, Motivated Moms works for me. I just do the stuff in the planner that I want to do, when I want to do it (like, I like grocery shopping on a different day than in the planner).

The great thing is that I would never do stuff like clean out the toaster or dust the lights on a regular basis if it weren't for Motivated Moms...so many of the things I've looked at blankly, like, "oh, you're supposed to do that? Is this what real homemakers do? No one told me." The occasional tasks always turn into "never" tasks if I'm left to my own devices.
#23 of 66 Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM

I hear you, Queen Gwen! I totally need the structure & I'm the same way about learning new things that I didn't realize needed to be cleaned! Wow! Who'd a thought? Motivated Moms is pretty inspiring. I'm getting a lot done while ds is at PreK, then I have it all done so I can hang w/ him in the afternoons!

Tina
#24 of 66 Old 05-10-2005, 05:11 AM

Thanks for sharing those! I am a flylady drop out but so far I like the looks of CleanHome... I will look at Motivated Moms next!
#25 of 66 Old 05-10-2005, 04:50 PM

:

#26 of 66 Old 05-10-2005, 09:51 PM

Quote:
So, for Motivated Moms you HAVE TO purchase their planner for the system to work?
No. They have a 2002 full schedule. I printed it off, then entered everything in my PDA. I was able to make it much more customized.
#27 of 66 Old 05-11-2005, 07:26 PM

I gave up on flylady after she said that she though there was no such thing as "global warming", because it was "colder" where ever she lives than she has ever remembered it being in her life.

So I realized that I had no respoect for her, and walked away. I never replaced her with anything else though, so now I am off to check these new ones. let's just hope they aren't equally numb-skulled...
#28 of 66 Old 05-11-2005, 08:43 PM

I was strict on FlyLady for about 4 months. It really got rid of a lot of clutter and helped us move from a 3 bedroom house + garage to a 2 bedroom apartment. Now I have modified her system to fit with my life. I'm on her list, but I've set up the email to automatically delete the reminders. I read or delete the rest daily.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#29 of 66 Old 05-12-2005, 02:16 AM

Quote:

I took a look at their sample and I'm not sure it would work for me- for example, they list a bunch of chores on Saturdays and that's my Sabbath- well, I guess I COULD do the "Saturday" tasks on Sundays instead, and I would DEFINITELY get the one without the bible verses!!!
I really like Motivated Moms. No, you don't have to buy it, though I did. They've recently started a new yahoo group where you get the checklists emailed to you.

Also, they say you don't have to do all the chores on the appointed day! If you don't get it done on one day, move it to another. So just do Saturday's chores on other days. For instance, I don't do my grocery shopping on the day they list it, but when I do it, I check it off all the same. Does that make any sense?

Zia+Lane+Sonora=Mi Vida Loca! :
#30 of 66 Old 05-12-2005, 02:26 AM

I agree w/ Yitlan. I move many of the involved tasks to Monday & Friday mornings while ds is @ school & then I can get the little ones done here & there throughout the week. I think more importantly, it keeps me focused & although things aren't spotless, they're definitely improving.

It's great there's a variety of styles so that we all can find one that meets our needs.

Tina

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page