decluttered my kitchen, now what to do with my bare wall?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any ideas on what I could do with one really open wall in my kitchen?

Now that I've decluttered, it just looks so....personality-less :

I would like to hang something, a shelf, I don't know...any ideas??
#2 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 10:28 AM

An art wall? Could you paint the bottom half with black board paint so the kids have a cool work area. You could put kid art in those plastic box frames and switch them? maybe a little shelf for clay and other 3 d works?

or is that clutter-y?
#3 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

No, no I love your ideas!

I'm not a big collector of junk, don't like knick-knacks and much prefer any art in my home to be one of a kind...especially if it's art done by my boys. So you have given me a great place to start, thank you
#4 of 8 Old 04-27-2005, 12:27 PM

My open kitchen wall holds a nice-looking but functional broom (it's green with a bamboo handle, but we have no broom closet so I had to get a pretty one!) as well as a clock and an assortment of family photos in different but coordinating frames. If I had another wall I think I'd hang my pots and pans from pegboard to free up some cupboard space.
#5 of 8 Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I don't actually have any walls in my kitchen (really, just studs that are supposed to be holding up some sheetrock. I don't actually have much of a ceiling either, because my dh keeps falling through the ceiling while he is supposed to be working on the upstairs addition ) Anyway, if I ever do get any walls, I plan to copy some of the artwork from some cookbooks and frame them. I especially like the nice, earthy drawings from some of the old vegetarian cookbooks... maybe even hand-colored would be nice...
#6 of 8 Old 04-29-2005, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

I really like all of your ideas. What we are going to do sort of incorporates a little bit of each of them.

DH and I are going to make a chalkboard with wood and black board paint, then frame it. Then I'm going to take some of my favorite photos and have them done in black and white, and frame them all similar. I would definitely love to find some simple, earthy kitchen pics to put on our other very little wall we have in there so it won't look "left out".

Now let's see how long it takes for me to accomplish!
#7 of 8 Old 04-29-2005, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmsMom
I don't actually have much of a ceiling either, because my dh keeps falling through the ceiling while he is supposed to be working on the upstairs addition )
#8 of 8 Old 05-10-2005, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlbokay
I really like all of your ideas. What we are going to do sort of incorporates a little bit of each of them.

DH and I are going to make a chalkboard with wood and black board paint, then frame it. Then I'm going to take some of my favorite photos and have them done in black and white, and frame them all similar. I would definitely love to find some simple, earthy kitchen pics to put on our other very little wall we have in there so it won't look "left out".

Now let's see how long it takes for me to accomplish!
Post pics when you're done, that sounds really cute. Oh, and I wanna see an organized kitchen!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page