How can I help DH be more orginized? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2005, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I are both students, but since I usually work on my laptop on the couch or in bed, he's taken over our study completely. Now that we're having a baby, we need to dismantle the study and move it to the basement so there's a room for the kiddo, and I'll need to have a space to study in there more often, since it's our only kid-free zone in the house.

The problem is that DH is a slob. I love him very, very much, and he's a good man, but since he never lived on his own he never really learned the need to pick things up, put his dishes away, or keep important papers in an orginized space. He files using the RPS method -- Random Piles of S**t -- which means that important things (like our tax return, my social security card, passports, name change paperwork) all get buried under months of class notes, old homework, gaming paperwork, junk mail, etc.

This has to stop or I will loose my mind. How can I help him get more orginized?

Specifically: How can I help him learn to throw things that aren't important, like junk mail and old homework, away instead of putting them in a pile? How can I encourage him to keep important things somewhere safe? How can I help him corral all the little bits of things that run wild (computer disks, dice, molecular models) before they become choking hazards for the little one?

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2005, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Other than just doing it for him, which is where I'm at....

:

User Tag List