Baby hair stuff- what can I store it in? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-17-2005, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Currently, I have my dd's barrettes, bows, bands, clips, etc in 4 empty fem. wipes containers. She's only 10mos and she's got a lot of hair to work with. Anyway, the way I have it organized is that each contains two different colors of hair stuff. I'm finding that I really would prefer one storage place for it all. Sometimes I'll forget to put back one of the containers and have to go running around the house looking for it. Anyone have any ideas on what I can use for storage that will keep everything all together, still allow me 4 separate areas, and also be ok to travel with? Ok if not 4 separate areas, then at least 2 separate spaces. That way I'll get an extra one and have only 2 storage items to keep up with. thx

Wifey to the dearest DH & Mommy to 2 wonderful kids with one more on the way...due July 5!

#2 of 8 Old 05-18-2005, 09:52 AM

My first suggestion was going to be wipes boxes...

Maybe some sort of jewelry box? Hmm..I know my local $ store had these small plastic stacking boxes, you could put one or two colors in each and stack them??

~C~
#3 of 8 Old 05-18-2005, 02:58 PM

I would agree that the stackable plastic containers would be a good idea. The small ones usually come with 4 or 5 drawers and that would help keep different types of bands/clips seperate from one another. Good luck.

Jen - Mama to V (b. 2-18-09) and AJ (b. 10-9-11) Wife to DH

#4 of 8 Old 05-18-2005, 03:26 PM

I have lots of hair and lots of hairstuff.... one thing that works well for my stuff is clear plastic tackle/hardware boxes. One layer with dividers. I got mine at Target I think....

-Angela
#5 of 8 Old 05-23-2005, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll be on the lookout for another stackable container or something similar. By the way, alegna, where in target did you find the tackle/hardward box? I may take a look at that too and see if it'll work for what I need.

Wifey to the dearest DH & Mommy to 2 wonderful kids with one more on the way...due July 5!

#6 of 8 Old 05-28-2005, 11:11 PM

I got a great one tacklelogic it was a canvas bag with a handle had 3 compartments inside with movable seperators, and side pockets with zippers for brushes/combs.

It was amazing when she was little and I braided, twisted, had co-ordinating elastics, beads, barrettes, ribbons. Her hair was to her waist.

Now she's 11 and too cool for all that....

Alison

8 might be enough
#7 of 8 Old 06-07-2005, 01:57 PM

I use the container that my Oil Of Olay cleansing cloths were in. I no longer use them so I use the sturdy container for my dd's hair stuff. Works great so far. But we don't travel with it either so not sure how well that would work. Have you thought about buying a pencil/pen holder? The kind you get for school that zips and fits inside a binder? I have one of those with my ties and such in it in my bathroom and I throw it in the suitcase whenever we travel and it works great.

Hope you find what you need
#8 of 8 Old 06-11-2005, 03:59 PM

those thinner clear plastic containreswith dividers i have seen for all sorts of things. i bought mine at the craft store for embroidery floss. Seen them for small candles, beeds, scrapbooking accessories.

Had I any girls who would have me do their hair, a full sized wipe box would work for me. But my daughter didn't have too many things before.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page