Just because it's a horizontal surface... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-26-2005, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...doesn't mean you have to cover it with crap!

I swear, my husband is a human stuff generating machine. I had the ironing board up in our bedroom for less than two hours and when I returned to put it away he'd piled it with stuff! Receipts (one dating back to 2001), crumpled napkins from the coffee bar at the hospital, business cards with scribbles on them, laundry...

The top of his dresser is completely obscured, as is his desk. I have to be a total drill sargeant to keep our dining room table clear of his flotsam and jetsam and I've nearly given up on the kitchen counter. Basically, if he can find a horizontal surface he's going to spew all over it. It's just maddening. Where does he pick up all these bits and pieces of paper? How could one person gather so much random stuff?
#2 of 4 Old 05-26-2005, 11:50 PM

I know, I know!!! I found a 4 item grocery list crumpled on his dresser?

I'm pretty bad too bc I love to read and get too many magazines. But I do throw away grocery lists, once I've shopped!
#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2005, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupamom
...doesn't mean you have to cover it with crap!

I swear, my husband is a human stuff generating machine. I had the ironing board up in our bedroom for less than two hours and when I returned to put it away he'd piled it with stuff! Receipts (one dating back to 2001), crumpled napkins from the coffee bar at the hospital, business cards with scribbles on them, laundry...

The top of his dresser is completely obscured, as is his desk. I have to be a total drill sargeant to keep our dining room table clear of his flotsam and jetsam and I've nearly given up on the kitchen counter. Basically, if he can find a horizontal surface he's going to spew all over it. It's just maddening. Where does he pick up all these bits and pieces of paper? How could one person gather so much random stuff?

When you are done with my husband, you can keep him

I sympathize

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2005, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yep yep yep.....i feel yah

mdcblog5.gif   Liz mama to DS 10, DSS 9, DD 6, DS 3, DD 2 , Aquila- dec 19th 2009 died at my homebirth, and....welcome Willow born 9-16-10 (9 weeks early)  nut.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page