How would you handle this? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 07-28-2005, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
taking pictures of items he can't toss and then he can still look back at them and maybe toss them too?? Just an idea. No excuses he can still claim it as a memory if he can see it right? :LOL

notes2.gifDina sahm to geek.gif, bikenew.gif, and joy.gif. I'm always computergeek2.gif, dishes.gif andhang.gif.
#32 of 34 Old 07-28-2005, 12:37 PM

I'm sorry, but I am one of those people that can' stand clutter (unless its my own.. LOL) and dh never misses anything I threw out. If, very rarely, he does say, hey, hon, where are my XYZ and I say, beat's me.... dunno.... he'll come back with something like, yeah, right, I bet you threw it away. (Which is probably true) He knows he hordes, and he knows it bugs me, so I do what I have to do. I am here all day and he's not, I can't live that like.
#33 of 34 Old 07-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srain
But anyway, my arguments are more relevant to a different forum than this one! Truthfully, in your place and unable to come up with a solution for BOTH of us, I'd forget I had a garage- a lot of folks live without them, and while it's a shame that you have to do without the luxury of having one, it wouldn't be worth disrespecting my husband to get mine back.
no no! I'm listening. I'm with you. I think a solution that works for everyone is the best idea.

Plus, I still say if you don't really address what's going on, the empty space will just get filled up with more clutter.

But - I started a help for hoarders thread and would invite you to share your ideas there.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
#34 of 34 Old 08-05-2005, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well, DH has surprised me. He's still not chipping in on the garage mess, but he did ask me why I didn't throw out an old shirt of his. I'd asked him about it the other day (see srain, I'm trying! although I refuse to "forget" I have a garage LOL) and he said he'd still wear it around the house, holes and all, so I quietly rolled my eyes and hung it back in his closet. Now he says he expects me throw stuff like that out. Hmmm, somebody got bitten by the decluttering bug!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page