How often do you go through your kitchen? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-06-2005, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just made a detour into my kitchen since it was raining outside. I went through my spices and sortet out what wasn't so fresh anymore. Not much but enough to notice that I had some stuff double

And then I made a terrible find. I had bugs in some loose tea The tea was fairly fresh and it's the first time I ever had bugs in my kitchen!

So I endet up sorting out my cupboards... :LOL

I was glad to see that the bugs weren't in anything else. I guess they must have been in the tea when it came from the store.

How often do you go through your cupboards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 08:16 PM

Not often enough! But I do try to pick one cupboard/pantry section to go through at least once a month ... some sections come to my attention more often than others. Right now I'm not baking much, so that shelf has been neglected, and I know I need to go through it.

We are actually in the process of reorganizing our whole kitchen due to the influx of wedding gifts (we can actually use them all!) With both of us working and the age of the kids, it's not possible to just get in there and do it all in one swell foop, but we're getting about one cupboard a day done.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

I went through all my cupboards again this weekend. I got rid of at least 10 Tupperware oval containers that where not really being used. Now everything is in it's place and we don't have to search for anything anymore.

I don't know why I had so many of those containers in the first place. There is only so much food you can store in them :LOL

And I'm happy to report no bugs :LOL
Old 08-17-2005, 06:34 AM

In depth? Twice a year if I'm lucky haha.

Sherra

User Tag List