What is the strangest thing you have to - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-11-2005, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
clean out? My DH has a box of about 50 cables of various kinds from Radio Shack, et al. The type for connecting stereos to speakers, to TVs, etc

Ugh. The thought of even detangling them and putting twist ties or something (ribbon?) on them is enough to make me crazy. A few times I've gone to the storage area and then just walked away
#2 of 9 Old 08-11-2005, 11:22 AM

Can you have your dh do those? I would have mine if it was his mess. I just have to stay after him to get it done, but I would get frustrated with it and be more than happy to toss them which I know my dh would not be happy about!
Hugs
Jessica
#3 of 9 Old 08-11-2005, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNapmomma
clean out? My DH has a box of about 50 cables of various kinds from Radio Shack, et al. The type for connecting stereos to speakers, to TVs, etc
Oh yes, the big ol' box-o-wires. We have one of those as well, we have moved with it twice. I would love to get rid of it! Most of the time DH can't find what he is looking for and we have to buy another one. Once in a blue moon he will find what he is looking for in that box and say "see, aren't you glad we saved this?"

OTOH, I did finally throw out the positive HPTs from when I was pregnant with DS. I took them in 12/03, and my "BFP" is now in the dining room rearranging the chairs so I'm pretty sure that I was pregnant!

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#4 of 9 Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

LOL. The box doesnt bother him since it is in a closet so he doesnt think it should bother me.

I still have an HPT too but he is 7 mos. I figure I'll toss it on his 1st birthday LOL
#5 of 9 Old 08-11-2005, 09:26 PM

We have a box of electrical cords too, except the box is a large basket sitting on a bookshelf that should be used for storing our camcorder and supplies, which are now sitting on top of a dresser. No, I'm not bitter.

I went through them a while back and organized everything so at least it looks nice, but DH hasn't gone through them yet to see what we can cull. Hopefully most of that stuff will make it to our garage sale in a few weeks and all those cords will find a happy home elsewhere.
#6 of 9 Old 08-15-2005, 07:54 PM

My mom had a can of Similac that expired in 1980.

And she didn't even throw it out -- she fed it to the cats! !

We have fish food, Avon talc, disposable maxis, and a first aid kit - early 1970's. None of them have bar codes.

Boxes and boxes of ripped pants. Mom will never patch either them or other clothes with them.
#7 of 9 Old 08-22-2005, 10:56 PM

my mothers rock collection. She started collecting when she was a kid-- then I majored in geology in college- but now she's dead and I'm not into geoscience anymore (except via travels) and I have like 50 lbs of rocks.

The other "collection" that makes me crazy-is my DH's accumulation of hotel soap, shampoo, lotion, shoe shiners, and shower caps. He doesn't use shoe shiners, lotion, shower caps, sewing kits, the shampoo OR conditioner-- just the soap-- but insists that we keep the rest just in case!
#8 of 9 Old 08-24-2005, 10:19 PM

how 'bout my dh's 'thin as tissue paper' A shirts/tank under shirts or piles of socks w/ holes, old concert shirts.
#9 of 9 Old 08-24-2005, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketcher

The other "collection" that makes me crazy-is my DH's accumulation of hotel soap, shampoo, lotion, shoe shiners, and shower caps.
We have that too! :LOL DH insists that we keep all of it. He does use the shampoo and soap when he goes on business trips (but then he always brings more home). I just keep that stuff in one drawer and try not to open it (unless I run out of shampoo. shhhhhh).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page