Tell me about your vacuum cleaner! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 05-04-2006, 03:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks to reading some of the posts, we recently purchased a Dyson DC15 Animal Model. WOW - we never knew how dirty our floors were until we saw the stuff this thing picked-up. WOW - now the baby has clean floors to crawl on.

The DC15 is so well designed and cleans better than any vacuum we have owned to date. Our cleaning lady uses a different vacuum every day from each home owner, and she says ours is the best vacuum she has ever used. Well, proof is in the pudding.

We bought from a very knowledgeable on-line store:

www.vacuum-direct.com

We were directed their from a post on another forum. Ask for Todd, he was very kind and helpful and knew a lot about the vacuums. He saved us a few dollars, plus free shipping, plus NO TAX! We saved a load over buying at Sears or Best Buy.

We also had a friend recently buy a Dyson ater we bought ours from the same site. They are very happy.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a new vacuum.

Thanks
#92 of 95 Old 05-04-2006, 02:58 PM

I LOVE my Dyson Animal. My Mom owns a cleaning service and she recomends Dyson to everyone!

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#93 of 95 Old 01-22-2007, 04:02 AM

Someone please buy me a Dyson! DH sure won't let me buy one unless we win the lottery, :LOL which we never play.

I swear, I've seen a dyson knockoff somewhere that said it didn't lose suction, but I have no idea where.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#94 of 95 Old 01-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I havn't used a Dyson, Kirby, or a Rainbow vacuum.

Ever since I bought my Riccar, 7 years ago, I couldn't imagine any other vacuum working better. The Riccar automatically adjusts for hard surfaced floors and carpeted floors. And, the hose, permanently attached, is super powerfull. I vacuum everything in my house with the Riccar.

So now, there's another option to concider. I chose the Riccar because the vacuum shop in my area sells and repairs them, which makes it conventient for buying filters and such.
I bought a Riccar and I love it. I bought it back when DH and I had long hair (DH's was *very* long) and I didn't have to pull hair out of the vacuum several times per vacuuming session. Now we have shorter hair so that is not an issue but it still does a good job.

ETA: I had a used Kirby in college and *loved* it except that it was so heavy.
#95 of 95 Old 01-22-2007, 03:00 PM

I've been happy with by bosch, but then dh's vacuum broke down, so he took mine for cleaning the stove and I got a DYSON! So so so happy. Dh made fun of me until he used it, he thinks its pretty cool and he's picky about vacuums.

Anyone get one with a soft brush dusting attachment and don't use it and wanna sell it to me ? We sprung for the DC17 (you don't have to flip the handle around for the attachments), but it didn't come with the soft duster and I really want it for my blinds and the tops of some open walls.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page