Organizing Magazines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2005, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am an avid reader and I keep a lot of books and referrence magazines. I'm not a pack rat becaue I do recycle my reading material but I keep many too. I actually do go back to the ones I save when I need to refresh myself on an article. However, I can never keep them organized. My books I have on bookshelves but the magazines I have no clue what to do with them. I think I need another book shelf but I really do not have the floor space for one. Any other suggestions for storage?

Nicole
traditional food eating, AP momma, homesteading, crafty, infertility survivor mom ttc #2,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2005, 09:15 AM

I keep our magazines in a basket. About every month I go through them. I bring the ones we have read to the library. There is a magazine swap there, The ones I know I will need to refer to in time I keep on the bottom of the basket. Good Luck.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:07 PM

MY boys collect The Simpsons comics and store them in some files which I received some work documents in which look a bit like this. They are sturdy enough to keep on the floor or fit easily on a tall shelf.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:09 PM

I keep mine in cardboard magazine files from Ikea on a shelf in the garage. I don't keep much- certain home decorating magazines (we are planning a remodel) and about a year's worth of a cooking magazine. Other articles I tear out and file, rather than keeping the whole magazine.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:10 PM

I like the magazine files, too. The cardboard ones are cheap and fit on most bookshelves. I get mine at an office supply store. The plastic kind last longer and are easier to keep clean, but cost more. I usually tear out individual articles and keep them in a binder, but I keep whole cooking mags and a very few others (Mothering, natch, and Bust and Natural Home).
Old 08-16-2005, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GR8KIDS
I keep mine in cardboard magazine files from Ikea on a shelf in the garage. I don't keep much- certain home decorating magazines (we are planning a remodel) and about a year's worth of a cooking magazine. Other articles I tear out and file, rather than keeping the whole magazine.
I do the same thing, keep my favorite home type magazines in those magazine boxes in the basement shelf and then for other magazines, I just tear out what I'm interested in, stick it in a binder instead of keeping the entire magazine.

User Tag List