Challange for week of 9/5/05...office - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok the challange for this week will be our desk/office area.
Lets declutter our desks, but bills where they go, pick up those scrap pieces of paper and file anything that needs filed. If you need to get something to organize it, do it! :

Be sure to post your progress!!!!
Hugs
Jessica
#2 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 05:17 PM

EWWWWWW YOU HAD TO PICK MY WORST SPACE!!!!!!!!!!!! OMIGOD!

LMAO

OK, so it is a challenge!
#3 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

It is one of my worst spots too and one I am tired of looking at be a cluttered mess. Plus mine sits in my living room so even if I don't want to look at it, its always an eye sore!

Be thinking of a place for next week if you have a suggestion!

Hugs
Jessica
#4 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Well, we don't have an office area right now, but I did empty out a big box of stuff that used to be in/on my desk (2 houses ago). I threw out & shredded tons of old receipts and paperwork.

Including an old movie stub - "Rising Sun" from 1993. : Yikes.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#5 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 11:15 PM

My office area DOES need some work, but I have got to focus on my bedroom this week- it's atrocious! I can't even relax, so that has to be first priority..

So can I still do the challenge?

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#6 of 25 Old 09-06-2005, 11:38 PM

Ok, I'll try, but don't expect a lot out of me. :LOL

Most of the random stuff in our office is DH's, which just makes me not want to do it. :LOL

Maybe I'll just do *my* desk...
#7 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2babybeans
My office area DOES need some work, but I have got to focus on my bedroom this week- it's atrocious! I can't even relax, so that has to be first priority..

So can I still do the challenge?
You are always welcome to be a part of the challange. Just adapt it to fit your needs. I too need to work on my bedroom, It is on the list for my things to do as well.
Hugs
Jessica
#8 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 02:07 AM

So happy to see this thread/challenge!

You couldn't have picked a better place for me to start organizing. In fact, the office reorganization has been in-progress for over a month. Now, it is finally time to get all the shelving up and start putting everything in its "home". If only I could get DH motivated to help I'll let you know of my progress in a couple days!

Catholic wife to S and mama to my two loveys V dd1 10/04 and G dd2 11/10 - #3 due in August 2013.  Here we go again.  homebirth.jpgwinner.jpg selectivevax.gifcd.gif

#9 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 04:55 AM

Ooooh, count me in too!

I don't have an office, but I do have a cupboard with all my filing which needs to be done just chucked in there. It usually only gets done once every 6mths.

OK, that can be tomorrow's chore...

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#10 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 10:07 AM

Perfect spot to start...except yikes it is Wednesday already. I am going to do some stuff today and then post my progress yay!

Once again, this is a great idea
#11 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 03:44 PM

Great idea!

The desk was on my list of things to work on tonight!

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#12 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 03:45 PM

We don't have a desk per se (ours are small with just computer on it) so I went through our filing cabinet instead - I managed to shred an entire large garbage bag : of papers! I'm so happy - you can actually fit your hand in between the files now without getting paper cuts...still a little more to do on it too (I left DH's personal file with his paystubs etc for him to deal with - he said he'd do it tonight)

Thanks for the idea

Kelly (35), married to DH and living happily with DD (8), DS (6), DS (3) and introducing brand new baby James b. 1/5/11, always remembering ~Joseph~ b/d March 10, 2001. 
#13 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 PM

Well I only had filing to do - AND IT'S DONE!! I hadn't done it since I was nesting before my dd was born 5mths ago. So a bunch of crap got tossed and new stuff filed. Yay!

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#14 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
report from my desk (ot strange things that have no business being around my business):

a ring pop (which I am now eating)
bus scheduiles for every rout except the one that actually goes by my house
supper dishes
a corn cob doll
diaper rash ointment (my baby has been potty trained for nearly a year)
an open bottle of vicks
a cadrd for a new mom that I bought because it was funny 3 years ago and have never given anyone
6 tin boxes from Ikea which while pretty contain copius amounts of misc. crap (like pretty tiny junk drawers)
numerous DVDs and CDs
a mangled puzzle peice and
3 bottles of lotion without lids.

OFFICIALLY CLEAN!!

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#15 of 25 Old 09-07-2005, 11:57 PM

Just checking in so I don't lose this thread. I'll get to work tomorrow. My computer desk is pretty clean, so I think I'll work on the bills/misc. paper area tomorrow and then hit my sewing table (yikes!).

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#16 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 12:46 AM - Thread Starter

Ladies you seem to be doing great.
It was on my list of things to do today but then I didn't get to it, go figure. I may still get to at least part of it before bed tonight but if not it is first thing tomorrow on the list.
This week is getting away from me tho and I still have clean out my car and get ready to go out of town friday thru saturday night. UGHHH why can't I seem to get AHEAD?
#17 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 09:26 AM

I didn't get to it last night either : . I made bread and baked some sweets instead :LOL .

I will get to it sometime today though!!

Jenn: WOHM to a big girl (7/03), a medium girl (8/07), and a little girl (12/10)
#18 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 10:28 AM

ooo, ooo! I have been working on this. I got a handing file folder thingy the other day and labeled a bunch of files-- Homeschool Info, a folder for each child , one with my name, one with dh's, Catalogs, Museum Memberships, Phone Diretories, School Correspondance, Current Bills, Art Ideas, Articles, Recipes, Dogs, Medical, etc. I was able to organize, and sweep a whole lot of needed crap off my desk. The hanging file is nice, too, it's black metal and kinda cool. Cheap, from Office Max.
#19 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 02:48 PM

I got started last night. I finally went through the 2 bags of documents that needed to be shredded/recycled that have been sitting in a corner for at least 2 years. I found, though, that a lot of the stuff need to be filed rather than shredded so I had to do that too. All I have left is a small pile of stuff that I'm not sure what to do with.

Next stop, the desk!
#20 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 09:46 PM

Update!

DH is putting the shelves up for the office as I type this. This is HUGE as they have been sitting around for my DD to crawl around for over two months. This will greatly help with organizing the clutter.

I did my part too in going through 2 of 3 boxes of papers - filing, tossing, shreding. One more box to go and the floor will be clear. Then it is on to the desk ! And then organizing my large collection of art supplies :

But I'm making progress...
I hope it is going well for all of you. I can't believe it is already Thursday.

Catholic wife to S and mama to my two loveys V dd1 10/04 and G dd2 11/10 - #3 due in August 2013.  Here we go again.  homebirth.jpgwinner.jpg selectivevax.gifcd.gif

#21 of 25 Old 09-08-2005, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

I got my desk all done today, it is organized, it is clean and it is wonderful, I can sit here and happily type adn not feel like it is overtaking me.

Hugs
Jessica
#22 of 25 Old 09-09-2005, 01:58 AM

Fab Thread! I definitely need this because we're moving soon!!!
I sent a few of my attempts at organizing (aka, boxes etc purchased and then filled with crap) to charity and tossed some papers. I am filling up one large box, then going through it. It was already partially full of crap (old old bills, etc). Part of my problem is too many containers. Lesson number one: no more container purchasing
#23 of 25 Old 09-09-2005, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

I know the too many containers and since we moved I have not had to purchase anymore for storage long term, but I have gotten some baskets for stuff that I want out, but want it to not look cluttered.

I know it helped me a lot with decluttering when we moved 8 months ago. I didn't want to move a ton of garbage, so I sorted all papers and shredded a lot of them, then i was able to use those papers I shredded to packing up my china etc.
#24 of 25 Old 09-09-2005, 01:33 PM

Great idea with the shredding! Then I can recycle and not BUY newspaper to pack with.
#25 of 25 Old 09-11-2005, 01:12 AM

Well, the decluttering/organizing part is done! Now I just have to clean. How does the desk get dusty when it has been covered in papers???

I'm really glad this thread lit a fire under me so I actually got things done that I'd been dreading!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page