challange thread week of 9/12/05 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 09-12-2005, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies sorry I am late getting this posted, been a crazy day here that is for sure.

This week lets focus on our kitchens. Clean out that junk drawer and throw out the stuff you don't need or use. Are you sure all those pens work? Check your batteries and make it a stuff drawer instead of a junk drawer.

Clean off the top of your fridge and dust it while your at it.

Do you have out dated stuff on the fridge, shred it.

Clean out your cupboards and wipe them off, stack your stuff nicely and get rid of the stuff you never use and don't want or need anymore.

I am sure you will be glad you did.

Put some pepperment oil in the back of your cupboards as well, it helps to keep the mice away and makes them smell nice as well.

Just to let you know, I will be going out of town tomorrow and won't be back til Friday so I get to do my kitchen this weekend, but I will check in through the week. Help me out by posting some ideas of what you would like to see next week so we can start planning for it.

Hugs
Jessica
#2 of 21 Old 09-12-2005, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
well that is gonna be a lot more work than my desk was . . . .where do you think I put all the stuff from my desk?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 21 Old 09-12-2005, 10:50 PM

lilyka :LOL that sounds like me.. I'm always moving my junk from one place to another..

The challenge for this week sounds great! I just started working on that, anyway I put contact paper in my cupboards. (I've only had the contact paper sitting on the shelf for about two years.. )
I started getting rid of mismatched tupperware pieces .. taking extra glasses to Goodwill, etc. I went through all my canned goods and tossed a good number of them that had expired (and I'm not sure where some of them came from in the first place?!)
I need to clean out my fridge and scrub it down..
and speaking of pens.. where do they all COME from? I have about a million in my drawer! I'm sure most of them work, so what to do with them? I don't want to toss them, but where else can I send them?

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#4 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Well to be honest the reason I picked this one for this week is cuz I won't be home and I just did this room about 2 weeks ago. I got rid of all the mismatched tupperware, slimmed down the dish's (which I get to get my new plates this week since I sold my old set at the garage sale over a month ago) and I cleaned out all my canned and boxed goods when I got groceries 2 weeks ago. So the only things I need to do in my kitchen now is to clean out the junk drawer and I still need to clean out the cupboard under my sink. This is something I can get done when I get back on Friday.

So next week will be more work cuz there isn't any other room that I was that DONE with in my house.
#5 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 01:00 AM

I'd love to join this! My kitchen isn't too bad, but I find it's definitely something that always needs to be re-done every couple months or so. I think I can do this in a week!!
#6 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 04:26 AM

I'm in. My kitchen's not too bad, on the surface it looks good, but the fridge needs a good wipe down and cupboards/pantry a sort out.

My benchtop is awful though and stained with all sorts - guess I'll be getting out the baking soda too!

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#7 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 12:59 PM

im in. Ill let you all know the results
#8 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 02:13 PM

My actual kitchen is already in pretty good shape. It's been an ongoing process of purging and organizing but things are just about done in there. The eating area next to the kitchen, otoh, is a disaster so that's what I'm going to focus on. The table is right near where we come into the house from the garage so of course it's piled with crap most of the time. I've been trying to brainstorm ideas for keeping this area more organized b/c I know that once I put away all the stuff it will just end up a mess again in no time. So, that's my challenge!
#9 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 07:17 PM

Okay, I will start working on it... tomorrow. :LOL (No, really!)
#10 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 07:28 PM

OK, drawers have been tidied and pantry had all the expired things tossed and shelves resorted.

Next mission the plastics cupboard and cleaning the fridge...

I'm really enjoying this thread BTW, I do subscribe to Flylady, but end up just deleting...

computergeek2.gif 

#11 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 08:46 PM

I am doing well this week. The office....welll we got the desk assembled. Does that count?

Kitchen: spices are put away and organized, as are all the plates, glassware, etc. Top of refrigerator sees much use so it is dusted daily.
#12 of 21 Old 09-13-2005, 09:17 PM

Count me in- this is my first challenge, let's hope I can complete it!

I've already sorted the food storage containers and tossed all the miss matches- a step in the right direction!
#13 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 12:54 AM

Oh, i like this one. I am in. This is my first time doing the challenge. I hope I can get it all done by the weekend.
#14 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 08:20 AM

I'm in. Thankfully the kitchen is probably the least cluttered room in the house at the moment!

Jenny, proud maker of red things
#15 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 08:54 AM

I'm in. I really need to clean the inside of the fridge and I cannot see the top of my island. : Thankfully, the cupboards are fairly clean, we just went through them a few weeks ago.

Catholic wife to S and mama to my two loveys V dd1 10/04 and G dd2 11/10 - #3 due in August 2013.  Here we go again.  homebirth.jpgwinner.jpg selectivevax.gifcd.gif

#16 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 09:17 AM

I'm in too! We've only been in our house for about 2 months, so things are still pretty good. BUT the junk drawer is embarassing! I guess it's better than having junk all over the kitchen. My dear friend made a great suggestion to me yesterday to organize school papers. She uses a 3 ring binder & has tabs with different catagories. I love the idea. I tend to keep things around, afraid I might need them. Just to toss them month later when they are outdated.
#17 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 09:19 AM

Subscribing
#18 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 03:27 PM

Erica, that's an awesome idea about the binder. I'm putting binders on my shopping list, they seem to come in handy for a lot of reasons lately!
#19 of 21 Old 09-14-2005, 03:33 PM

This is great! Dh and I just did the kitchen completely this weekend!!!
#20 of 21 Old 09-16-2005, 11:37 PM

Oh good, fridge got cleaned out in time for the new lot of groceries to be done. Even replaced the old container of baking soda in the back for absorbing smells.

computergeek2.gif 

#21 of 21 Old 09-19-2005, 01:43 AM - Thread Starter

Well ladies are we ready for the next weeks challange??? I am posting it now!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page