Weekly challenge thread for week of 9/19 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-19-2005, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies for starters this week we need to revisit our desk. Just do a quick check and make sure all your stuff is filed and put away. If we check it more often it will stay much cleaner all the time.

Do you need to clean off the clutter on your kitchen counters? Do you have piles from the friday folder on the kitchen table? Go take care of them first.

Ok now that this is complete lets move on to this weeks challange!

Go into your bedroom! Get the laundry all cleaned up, do you have clothes you have put on, only to put a different outfit on, but didn't put that one away.
Change your bedding and run it to the laundry. It is always nice to sleep on clean sheets.
Ok now is there clutter, maybe a book you finished reading, magazines etc. Put them away. Is it time to take some to the library or donate to someone else?
Grab your broom or vaccum and run it over the room and then dust real fast, nothing special, just a quick once over.

Since the bedroom shouldn't be too hard I am going to add another to it.

Go to the spare bedroom, ya know the room you always seem to stuff the things you don't know where to put? Now start a box of stuff to donate. Can you fill one box and donate it? If so put it in your car to donate or post on freecycle that you have the stuff. Don't think you have to complete this room completly this week, I will add it to next week as well so that you can get it finished up.

How are we doing? Are the challanges working good for you? Should I make them more or less? Please help me out, I want you to like them but need imput!

I think next week will be the bathroom just to give a heads up!

Hugs
Jessica
#2 of 12 Old 09-19-2005, 02:29 AM

I'm happy with the challenges...

Right, off to tidy the room and accumulated junk. I'm terrible at dropping old outfits on the floor and only tidying them up a couple of times a week - although I love it when the floor is clear.

I actually went through our room and the kids rooms today and sorted clothes I no longer use/need - there's pile that I'm going to sell on Trade Me (our equiv of EBay), some that I'm going to convert into something else useful, I put together 4 bags which I already took down and donated. Also, sorted out the clothes since we're going into summer soon so swapped the clothes into different drawers.

Phew!

It's a Delight-Filled Life.
 computergeek2.gif 

#3 of 12 Old 09-19-2005, 02:32 AM

These threads are awesome! I want us to continue to post tips that help in the area we are cleaning too! I have one that I learned from some silly TV show: have a small basket or bin in your closet to put the clothes in that you have worn, but can wear again (ie, jeans). If you roll them up, then put them into the bin, they won't wrinkle. This has worked great for us and keeps our space tidy.
#4 of 12 Old 09-19-2005, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

mamajessica: that is a great tip!

I agree that the tips are great in the thread.
I am glad that everyone thinks that they are good adn is enjoying them!

Hugs
Jessica
#5 of 12 Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

How are you all doing on this one? I have gotten the desk part done, and I have done a once over again on my kitchen. I started on my bedroom this morning and hope to finish it up when dd wakes up since she is sleeping in there. My goal is to do the spare room tomorrow, but the spare room is also dd's room so that will take me a short time since it isn't too much of a mess.

Keep me posted on how your doing or if you HATE this challange!

Hugs
Jessica
#6 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicmommy
I think next week will be the bathroom just to give a heads up!

Hugs
Jessica
Oh, I wanted to do the garage/car next. The coming week will still be warm in the northern states.
#7 of 12 Old 09-21-2005, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Ok we can do the car/garage next week. Sounds good to me, I need to get that done as well so that is an EXCELLENT idea!
#8 of 12 Old 09-25-2005, 10:53 PM

Ok, I'm a bit of a failure with this week's challenge. I did get a couple of things done, but not as much as I had hoped. I went through the 8 billion stuffed animals in dd's room and put the ones I don't think she'll miss in a bag that will stay in the basement. If she mentions one of the animals I'll go get it, otherwise all those animals will be finding new homes in a couple of months. I also put all of her books back on the shelf so now I can actually see the floor! Now I just have to do something about the toys....
#9 of 12 Old 09-25-2005, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

well I didn't get to dd's room either, too many things came up and I decided it was more important to keep up on the main house and worry about the other later.

Hugs
Jessica
#10 of 12 Old 09-26-2005, 02:54 PM

I have decided that in order to get anything accomplished, I need my DD to nap longer than 20 minutes or be agreeable to a back-carry! But I guess I need to keep trying... :LOL
#11 of 12 Old 09-26-2005, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

I try to work on things during nap time too, but I can get her in the ergo for a bit as well.
Tomorrow I have to get the house back in order, we haven't slept in 3 nights so today I didn't do anything

I am getting ready to post our next challange in a minute!
Hugs
Jessica
#12 of 12 Old 10-21-2005, 12:59 AM

Did the challenges stop?

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page