Clothes EVERYWHERE! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2005, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly, I dont know what to do anymore.
We have like very limited closet space. Two
bedroom house/ one floor. I have some clothes in the back closet near the doorway (suppose to be for shoes-I just put in a tubberware container). A pile in the girl's room, a ton on my dresser in our bedroom. Stuffed by some in our closet. Help!! I am drowning in clothes. I got rid of some, just recently because I had to go through everything. What can I do to get it all in the drawers? They are filled to capacity. We are expecting a captian's bed with drawers and we are going to get another dresser. But other than that, I feel very overwhelmed, I have to sort this stuff away. Like TODAY.

Oh, and I have a laundry basket in the living room waiting for me to put away the clean clothes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 PM

I don't have any suggestions for you, just hugs cuz I am going though the same things. DD is outgrowing so much and she is only a year.
Tell me it gets better some day!
Old 09-26-2005, 02:58 PM

Do you have an attic or basement for storage? I separate my kids clothes by season (summer/winter) and store them in big Rubbermaid containers in our basement, labeled by size. Right now we have the warmer clothes in the closet and summer/spring clothes are packed away. My girls are 4 and 9 and I am expecting another girl so I am saving a lot of stuff to pass on to the little ones but I went through the things again this weekend and was able to put together 3 huge bags for Salvation Army (some of my stuff too but not much). I am still shocked at how much clothing we have but I hardly ever have to purchase clothing for the girls since we get hand-me-downs and pass things from one girl to another but it was nice to get organized and see what we have. Good luck!!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:32 PM

I have been living out of laundry baskets becuase I just can't get stuff organized. I have given away lots of stuff but I feel like I have clothes everywhere. i do have an extra closet that I use for hanging stuff that doesn't fit into drawers but I just wish I could let go of some of the clothes.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 09-29-2005, 01:51 AM

We have the same issue. I'm interested to see some suggestions. best wishes as you dig through your clothes! We're in the same boat.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:16 AM

By chance are you storing seasonal clothes in your dressers and closets? I don't have seasonal clothes really because I live in the bay area but when I lived up in Washington, I used those vacuum sealing bags to store the out of season clothes and that gave me room to put my clothes I wear presently in drawers and closets.

Sherra

User Tag List