Cleaning the Garage - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-28-2005, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I see that noone has posted a challenge for this week. If you're up for a challenge anyway, you can try cleaning the garage and/or the car.

The weather in the northern states is sunny and beautiful. It's a great time to work in the semi-outdoors of a room that is not insulated. It's not too early to check your stock of winter supplies.

Do you have road supplies in your car at all times? Jumper cables, jug of gasoline.
Do you have automotive supplies in your garage? The electric engine heater.
Do you have stuff you moved out of your house while de-cluttering? <smile!>
Do you actually fit cars in your garage? My relatives don't and I can't change them. I clean my car, and I air it out repeatedly because it always gets rained in. <<left the windows open. bad girl!>>

OFF TOPIC
We've hung a ping pong ball from the ceiling. When it touches the windshield, the driver knows the car is properly centered. It's a good distance from the wall or the door.

Good luck, I look forward to Indian Summer.
#2 of 6 Old 09-28-2005, 06:45 PM

Dh just started working on the garage last weekedn, spent 6 hours out there on a day off I'm so proud of him.. He didnt really want too:LOL i can't blame him. we have lived here a year and it's the first time we braved it.Moving with 2 kids under 3 is hard enough. So, now that he got the bulk of it out of the way, I can go in ans spend a little time each day hopefully and get it organized.Mostly, I just need to utilize our giagantic storage cupboards on the walls for storing oil paints, toxic chemicals, etc with a padlock. And we need to recycle boxes, send stuff to Goodwill, and start wearing old clothes stored out there or give them away.I also need to sweep it out and hopefully kill all the nasty spiders that live in there

Due with number 5 in August. We do all that crunchy stuff.
#3 of 6 Old 09-28-2005, 10:24 PM

Well, I definitely need to clean out the car. I'm a bit of a slob in the car so that is a job that really needs to be done. We also have all of the stuff we need to take to the thrift store in the garage where it's been for about a month now. I'll have to see if I can get that taken care of. We can still get one car in the garage, though, so it's not too horrible out there!
#4 of 6 Old 09-29-2005, 12:43 AM

This is a good weekend to-do for us. I know there's a bunch of stuff out there waiting for someone to take it to Goodwill. At least we got it out of the house, though, so that was a start.
#5 of 6 Old 09-30-2005, 08:08 PM

I had never heard of 1-800- GOT JUNK before, but a friend told me about it, and it is wonderful! If you have a lot of big stuff to haul out of your garage, you call them and they send a guy with a dump truck to come take it all away. We had tons of leftover paint and construction materials that the people who owned this house before us left in the garage after they did their home improvement projects. All we had to do was move the cars out of the way, drag it all out the garage door to the driveway, and the GOT JUNK guy showed up and took it all away. He deals with all the toxic disposal issues, and we didn't have to make a million trips to the town dump.
#6 of 6 Old 10-01-2005, 03:48 PM

I need to majorly clean out my car. I think we live there. I think that will be my challenge for this week.

I'm really looking forward to Indian Summer, too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page