Help me with my sh-mop - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-03-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I really don't like this thing at all, and everyone raves about it! When I first got it, I really loved it. I have two rooms of laminate and two tiled bathrooms, and I like the concept. However, the thing pushes dirt into the edges and corners of the room instead of picking it up, which drives me crazy! I end up taking a rag and cleaning the edges of the floor and the baseboards by hand.

Also, I can't scrub with it--if there is a sticky spot and I push hard or scrub back and forth to try to get the floor cleaner, it doesn't do anything. The scrubby pad is a pain. I am starting to think of it more for "light" cleaning, and considering getting a real mop so I can get the floor actually clean-clean! I have two black dogs, and I'm kind of a messy cook, and I cook every day, so my kitchen floor gets pretty filthy.

Anyway, those of you who like yours...do you not have this problem? Or how do you fix it? I guess maybe if my floor had less dirt on it when I mopped...but I always seem to miss some when I sweep.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2005, 12:18 AM

I bought this (no joke, off qvc late one night when dd was up nursing) "mop". it velcro's on like some of the current models but it is washable and scrubs like nothing else. just use water and a little elbow grease and it will clean anything. the mop part is a cloth in blue...hrmm...can't remember the name.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-04-2005, 09:05 PM

What housecleaners do is vacuum first. Then mop. Then every so often they get down with a brush and scrub tough spots. This is once in four "cleaning" days.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, so the problem is that my floor is still too dirty when I mop? That would make sense, I guess. My vacuum is a piece of junk, so I sweep, but hopefully we'll be getting a new vacuum cleaner soon because the broom really doesn't do well with the dog hair.

I'll keep trying....I swear I did better with a plain old sponge mop.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!

User Tag List