Library book basket - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-23-2005, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's another "really simple but it works" idea. I bought a nice wicker basket for library books. It sits on the floor beside the bookshelves. That's where the library books go as soon as we bring them home. We all know to return library books to the basket when we're done reading. (Even ds2, who is 3, always puts library books in the basket and "our" books on the shelves.)

I used to spend way too much time hunting for library books when it was time to take them back! This has completely solved the problem!
#2 of 9 Old 10-23-2005, 08:02 PM

This is a great idea! I was having the same problem and decided to create a special library shelf on the book case. Your solution is great because you didn't have to find a place for all the books that were on the shelf.
#3 of 9 Old 10-23-2005, 08:53 PM

I'd make one adjustment to the basket idea, have a library bag for putting the "read" books into. Then when it's time to go to the library that bag'll have all the items that you're ready to return and you'll have a quick idea of how many books are left to be read and can limit your next library trip accordingly.
#4 of 9 Old 10-23-2005, 11:22 PM

Well since my dh is a librarian and goes to the library 5 days a week I just sit the stuff to go back by his shoes. I usually just reserve items and he brings them home. I love our little system.

The basket sounds like I great way to keep them together until its time to return them. I'll have to hunt something down.
#5 of 9 Old 10-26-2005, 06:01 PM

We do this, too , and it really helps us to know where all the books are. I still don't get them there on TIME, but when I do get them to the library, they are all late together.

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#6 of 9 Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan
I'd make one adjustment to the basket idea, have a library bag for putting the "read" books into. Then when it's time to go to the library that bag'll have all the items that you're ready to return and you'll have a quick idea of how many books are left to be read and can limit your next library trip accordingly.
That's exactly what we do

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#7 of 9 Old 10-30-2005, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Well since my dh is a librarian and goes to the library 5 days a week I just sit the stuff to go back by his shoes. I usually just reserve items and he brings them home. I love our little system.
Hey, another librarian wife, lol . This is our system too.

The books in use (mostly ds') go into the back of a huge plastic dump truck some realtive gave him. The thing is big enough for all the books he has out at a given time and sets near his bed. Looks nice and neat too.
#8 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 03:06 AM

Also remember to go right into the house from the library and write down the due dates. Paperclip the list of books to the calendar so you can do a quick round up of books if necessary.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#9 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAmma
Also remember to go right into the house from the library and write down the due dates. Paperclip the list of books to the calendar so you can do a quick round up of books if necessary.
Great idea!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page