2 under 2 and need motivation! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-04-2005, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies, I'm lazy, that's all there is to it. Although I am slowly changing since having children and I have all the intention in the world, but no motivation. Ds1 is 21 months and ds2 is 6wks. We have a small place and lots of stuff, but not alot of extra clutter that we are willing to part with yet. We've decluttered a lot in the past couple years... Soooooo.... I am getting better about throwing a load of laundry in the washer, though it tends to sit for a day, then the drier, then sits for a day, then in the basket, and it might get folded before I need the basket again. I find that when I get both boys to sleep that I don't want to do anything but sit - and of course grab a bite to eat. Dh is not good about finishing things or putting things back when he's done. He still leaves his socks and underwear laying around despite several gentle/joking/not so gentle reminders each week and I believe he does it just to spite me LOL. It is irritating though. Dh has a few things around the house he's in charge of - dumping diapers in the wash, cat box, dishes, and garbage. I take care of the rest. Yes I know I should do dishes, but I HATE HATE HATE them, and so this is what works for us. Only it's not working... he will let them sit for a day, promising to wash them after I go to bed, then doesn't, then when I mention it he promises to do them that night... I know the easy solution would be for me to do them, and I'm slowly getting there. We have no dishwasher either. How do I get over my hated of the dishes and just do them???

I'm getting better at taing 15 minutes here and there to pick up and tidy a room, but I only really 'clean' once a month... I want to vacuum more often, but it's such a huge ordeal with a toddler who is afraid of it and a newborn...

There are constantly crumbs and toys to deal with from my toddler running wild through the house. It's so frustrating that as soon as I pick up or vacuum, it's dirty again.

I've tried writing up routines for myself, but I just can't seem to start them. I'm a flylady reject as well. I feel myself wanting to do more and more every day, but then I get distracted with something else...and I need computer time and craft time to work on sewing and crocheting...

Can someone give me a kick in the rear? How can I get motivated??? The only motivation I have is if someone is coming over, then dh and I spend an hour the evening before in a whirlwind cleaning and picking up the house... But then two days later it's back to the way it was

Space is truly an issue, we don't have a pantry and not enough cabinets, so food stuffs get left on the counters. The desk is in the kitchen and stays messy, it's just a fact of life...

I'm so overwhelmed that I just don't know where to start!

Thanks ladies!

~S~ Mom to W ('04) & D ('05) & in April
#2 of 2 Old 11-04-2005, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wanted to add that I'd also like to have some time each day set aside for just my toddler and what kinds of activities would be good for a 21 month old? I really have no clue - I just pulled out crayons the other day and he loves coloring together, but it's getting old to do that everyday - I try and make it 'educational' and different everyday, but it's still coloring...LOL

~S~ Mom to W ('04) & D ('05) & in April

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page