proud of myself! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have taken about 10 boxes of stuff to VOA in the past 2 weeks.

yesterday went through 6 totes of stuff and threw out or donated all but about 1 small tote of art supplies and 1/2 big tote of my stuff. (that i need to find a home for)

i'm not getting much help/support from my partner (who is doing crazy stuff like making me keep a clock that was out on the porch for 2 years, because "it's a cool clock." no, it's not. if it was that cool it wouldn't have been sittng out there for 2 years.)

i was ready to scream yesterday because he won't let anyone touch his stuff and then whined and complained all day while moving all this junk from the porch (which is getting fixed this week) to the attic. (you won't believe what it was)

anyway, i'm making progress.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#2 of 6 Old 11-14-2005, 03:05 PM

Small strokes fell mighty oaks

I aim to do it one box at a time !!

It is so hard to agree on what things are really usefull/needed .I love storage boxes -I fill it up & if it is not looked for in a couple years it can safely go bye bye (but I do ask if it is ok )

::
momma to 4
#3 of 6 Old 11-14-2005, 04:04 PM

That's great for you!

I gave away 2 car loads of stuff over the weekend and i am still gathering more bags of stuff.

Unfortunately, I still feel overwhelmed by stuff and household tasks.

I am going to keep at it though and try to realize that this is an area that i will have to work on for awhile. I suppose there is no quick fix or instant gratification here for me.
#4 of 6 Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM

I've been on a kick the past week too, and I have to say that it has a cleansing quality, doesn't it?
#5 of 6 Old 11-14-2005, 09:23 PM

Way to go We brought 3 big bags on Saturday, a few smaller bags,and a couple of odds and ends. I have another bag going out tomorrow. It is such a cleansing feeling like pp said I feel like I can move about my house much better. We've done a major purging of the kids toys and even dh has gotten on board. It feels like a weight or burden is lifted from the house.

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
#6 of 6 Old 11-15-2005, 05:13 PM

Good job!
I'm trying to find the inspiration to go and do the same

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page