Mom Came, The Mess Left - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My mom came in for my baby shower, and cleaned my whole house (except the bedroom! ) so, now it's spotless. Now just to maintain it!!

It took about 3 hours. I just don't iunderstand how she gets it done in 3 hours, when I have worked an hour a day, for the last week before she came, and it seemed like nothing got done. : I try my best, but at this point in the preg (32 weeks) I feel like the ener-gise-less bunny. Not an ounce of energy most of the time. I don't cook or clean, I just sleep.

It feels so much nicer now. Clean. Smells good in here again.. Just was smelling musty for a while.. Our apartment looks like a human dwelling again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 AM

Aren't moms great...My mama cleaned my bathroom on Friday and said she would do my kitchen next...Gotta love em'
Old 11-15-2005, 02:36 AM

Ooh, my mom too! I sprained my ankle last week, and she was here for four straight days, helping take care of the kids, making dinner, and cleaning her guts out! That's the best gift ever!

computergeek2.gif

Old 11-15-2005, 06:11 PM

You all are very lucky! My mom will cook for me or help to watch the kids, but cleaning is not her thing. Her house is much more cluttered than mine is, and that's saying a lot~ Wonder where I get it from?
I could really use the help, too... ahhh well.

~e, wife to my sweet T , mama to my turtleman (12) , sunshine (9 ), and monkey (6)
Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

She said that she's thinking about as a Christmas gift having a maid come every other week to do the main cleaning (Bathroom, Vaccuming, Mopping, etc). I told her that it would be awesome, and the best Christmas EVER!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
It took about 3 hours. I just don't iunderstand how she gets it done in 3 hours, when I have worked an hour a day, for the last week before she came, and it seemed like nothing got done. :
She's had more practice!?
Nice Mom!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiLeigh
She's had more practice!?
Maybe. Probably because there were 3 of us, though. That just occoured to me. There were 3 people cleaning (they did most of it) and it took from 1-4.

She's coming when the baby comes to help me learn to be a 'Mom'. She said that she'd help, but that I would be the one doing most of it. I better get used to it!
Old 11-17-2005, 03:43 PM

My MIL did this for me a couple weeks ago at the height of morning sickness. And she's promised to come do a 'real cleaning' (dusting walls, washing blinds, behind fridge, etc) once I get the clutter under control.

'S a fabulous incentive to keep ploughing through the disorganzied mess. She can wahs the dishes, but I have to get the clutter under control.

I love my MIL.
She's also volunteered to stay for a while after the baby is born, even though she only lives half an hour away. And she promised to not try to take over any baby stuff unless I ask--household help only.

User Tag List