think i found a solution! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-18-2005, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think this will work for my son's art supplies and not cost me a fortune.

http://www.flaxart.com/is-bin/INTERS...vy_mzuEYgRzfE=

oooo that's a yucky link try www.flaxart.com and look for item # 6152J

anyone have any thoughts?

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-19-2005, 01:36 PM

Oh mama, that's at Costco here for like $25! Don't buy it from that website!
#3 of 4 Old 11-19-2005, 05:45 PM

I have one! I also saw it at Costco but they were sold out when I needed one so I got in on ebay for about $35 including shipping. I works pretty well for us. It has a couple of little quirks though...the knobs will sometimes fall off which could be a choking hazard! Once I found dd with one in her mouth! I just make sure that they are screwed on really tight, I haven't had one fall off in awhile. I was even thinking about putting some superglue where the knobs screw in, but not sure if that would make any difference. The drawers also come off the slides A LOT! It isn't really a big deal, they go back on easily. It just looks funny and I have to keep adjusting them daily. Even with it's quirks, I do like it, it's sooo much easier for my dds to find everything and it keeps everything organized! And I just bought a label maker so I'm going to make some labels for the drawers to organize it even more.
#4 of 4 Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 PM

We just use an old desk that my aunt was going to toss on the curb! Has 3 deep drawers, and then obviously, the top is the usable surface for projects. When I was a kid, I had a whole dresser for my art/craft supplies. I really don't see the need for a special product that has limited uses. The desk and dresser can be converted to different used once art/craft days are over. That storage bin (with it's bright primary colors) doesn't seem like it would have much use once your kids get to be about 11 or 12.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page