New vacuum! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We finally went out and got a new vacuum. The old one is perfectly fine, except we can never find filters for it and I just decided to give up and get a new one. Plus the old one tips over when I try to use the hose, which has been bugging me for awhile. Because we hadn't been able to find filters for the old one, the house hasn't been vacuumed for, um, way too long....

Anyway, I've vacuumed up about 3 kittens worth of fur. And this is just with a DirtDevil Vision Turbo. I can't imagine how much I'd get up with one of the high-end models. It's quite noisy though, going to have to get ear protection, although ear muffs make it tolerable.

Just wanted to share my cleaning accomplishment, the floors were actually clear enough of clutter to just start vacuuming when I got it home.
#2 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 06:13 PM

Nothing like a vacuum that works

Mine was broken for a few weeks while we found the part for it. We could have planted a garden
#3 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 06:22 PM

i got a dyson for the holidays and i could not be happier!!!!!!
#4 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 07:53 PM

there is definately nothing like a working vacuum! The IL's refused to buy me one for christmas because they thought it would be 'too boring' a gift. So they got me a gift card instead which I immediately turned into a new vacuum. I can't wait until they get here for their christmas visit to show them how exciting it really is.
#5 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 08:17 PM

That was thoughtful of your inlaws, Belleweather. Some people take offence at practical things like a vaccum.

Or it could be a irksome thing to get something like then you'd wonder if your inlaws thought your house was dirty and here is a strong hint

What kind did you get?
#6 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 PM

We got a new one today with a GC stepgrandma gave us for Christmas. So nice to not have to wrap tape around it to keep the canister on.
#7 of 7 Old 12-26-2005, 09:11 PM

We sooo need a new one. The old one is a hand-me-down and on its last leg. Any recommendations anyone?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page