What to do with all of the 3D art projects? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-27-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD is a very productive artist, but I just don't know what to do with all of the clay figures, pipe cleaner creations and popcicle stick designs. She wants to keep absolutely everything. With her paintings and drawings, I put everything in a folder and then clean it out every couple months when she isn't around. I keep the really special pictures and toss the coloring book pages or scribbles.

Should I just put the 3D projects away in a closet after being on display for a while? Take pictures of them and then toss? There are a few special ones that I'd like to keep, but my house runneth over with all of the creativity!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-27-2005, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Taking photos is a great idea. Think about what things will last better. Some 3D art is more fragile so it would be hard to save even if you wanted. I would be hesitant to make the decision of what to keep w/o dd's input (though I completely understand pages of coloring books dissappearing). Maybe you could pack up a box of the years best, wrapping in tissue paper or whatever. It's a fine line between decluttering and preserving parts of your dd's childhood and recording her development. My brothers completely remembered certain things that they had done and loved being able to see them again as adults.

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01
#3 of 3 Old 12-27-2005, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You could sell em on ebay ... postmodern art, baby!

Or you could have your DD thin them out herself and choose which special people in her life get the gift of her beautiful artwork.

Mooooom! to  guitar.gifDS (1/05) and whistling.gifDSS (11/05).  TTC fingersx.gifour "ours" after VR on 10/12.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page