Anyone use Motivated Moms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 140 Old 12-31-2005, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I really need to get my house under control in the New Year and someone directed me to www.motivatedmoms.com Anybody use this system? What do you think of it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 140 Old 12-31-2005, 10:26 PM

I just started this week with Motivated Moms. I was doing flylady for a while but got overwhelmed with keeping up. I think I made my flylady routines too ambitious, and so far I'm liking Motivated Moms small lists of easily-defined tasks to do. I've been trying for a while to clear my clutter and get my house under control, and I'm much improved but I still have a long way to go!

Keeping busy with 2 boys & 1 girl ('04, '06, '08)
#3 of 140 Old 01-01-2006, 04:29 AM

I started Motivated Moms in the fall, and it has been a good habit-builder for me. I don't even need to refer to lists on a daily basis anymore, it's become an internal rhythym. And it is easy when you start to lose your drive or are so stressed you don't know what to tackle. The list is made, just jump right in. I also like that the chores are weighted toward the beginning of the week, with more free time towards the weekend. And the seasonal cleaning is built in, too. Way better than Flylady. Simple checklist calendar... just stick it on the fridge and go, no gazillion emails and layered grids/systems to decipher, or books to create.
#4 of 140 Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 PM

I just started this week, and so far so good.

They do have an e-mail list if you want to join. But only one email a day with the list for that day. I prefer the paper planner, I printed it with two weeks on a page so i can plan ahead, or do extra when I feel like it.
#5 of 140 Old 01-03-2006, 01:39 AM

Do you have to pay for it?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 140 Old 01-05-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad8
Do you have to pay for it?
Yes. It's $7 for the year. Still debating it myself...

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#7 of 140 Old 01-05-2006, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

I did end up getting it and I love it. Really, $7 is nothing in trade for a cleaner, more organized house and my peace of mind because I don't have to think about what I have to do - I just follow the list. And dh is helping more too because he can just check the list and do a quick job or two It seemed overwhelming at first, like there was a lot to do in a day, but really they are all quick jobs - for example, you don't clean the whole bathroom on one day - one day you do toilets, another day the mirror, etc. I like that it includes things like organizing closets and decluttering your desktop. I also like the note that they say if you don't get something done one day, don't push it to the next just leave it and it'll come around again.
#8 of 140 Old 01-07-2006, 09:56 PM

Yah, $7 from each mom, smart gals they are! Can you imagine if one of us had set that up?

And $7 is a deal from our perspective, less than a book on how to organize your life, less than the cleaning lady, less than a lot of stuff.

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#9 of 140 Old 01-07-2006, 11:48 PM

I started this week. It's 7.00.... way less than my hourly rate. It would take a lllllllllllllllooooooooooong time for me to make this for myself and I just want the chaos to STOP.
#10 of 140 Old 01-07-2006, 11:52 PM

I just started as well.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#11 of 140 Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 PM

Started this week and it's da bomb. Life-changing, even.

Jesse
#12 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 12:04 AM

Hmmm, I'm intrigued. All the cool mamas are doing it...
#13 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 12:25 AM

I love the motivated moms system. I just got mine yesterday. I'm trying to get all the projects done from this past week so I can start off next week with at least something accomplished. I wonder how long it is going to take for it to start to show that I'm actually doing something. HUMMMMMMMM?

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#14 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by embens
I love the motivated moms system. I just got mine yesterday. I'm trying to get all the projects done from this past week so I can start off next week with at least something accomplished. I wonder how long it is going to take for it to start to show that I'm actually doing something. HUMMMMMMMM?
Within three days I saw a distinct change. Granted, I had just spent three days doing chaos cleaning so I was starting from zero and trying to maintain. BUT, today I had a drop-in guest and I was not ashamed to invite her in. She could have gone to the bathroom or even gone into any room in the house and it looked normal. My state of mind has really changed and I notice that my kids are a lot calmer/not prone to tantrums because I really think the order of it all helps out. Plus, I'm not stressing all the time.

It's fantastic.
#15 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 02:18 AM

I just bought it and downloaded it. It looks great! Very doable!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#16 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 07:43 PM

This sounds great! I was a FlyLady failure But I really need some control over our chaos..would be nice to be able to invite people over

I'm going to go check that link out

RayRay

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
#17 of 140 Old 01-08-2006, 08:47 PM

i also just went and purchased! thanks moms!

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#18 of 140 Old 01-09-2006, 04:52 PM

Yesterday was my first day using Motivated Moms. I had taken a look at it the end of last year after a good friend had really gotten her house/life under control using it. She went from being a complete clutter bug/chaos cleaner like me, to having such a clean house I was actually jealous and she had enough free time/organzation that she was able to finally start a home business that she'd been wanting to do for ages. I decided then that I'd start in the New Year. I knew my friend said she'd started with decluttering her house and a good deep cleaning, then just followed MM. Its been working for her now for a good 5 months, so I'm definitely curious to see what it can do for me!

I gave my house a through cleaning and some decluttering time on Saturday which really wiped me out doing it all at once. At 28 weeks preggo I just can't do that each week! I need to have my housework under control when I have our new baby in the spring. So since I'm starting out with it clean, I'm hoping to work on a little decluttering each day and get into a good daily/weekly routine. That kind of peace of mind is worth alot more than $7!

I'm interested in seeing how it works for everyone. Anyone want to check in here occasionally?? Hey Jesse & Lory, you want to keep me accountable for actually sticking with this?

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#19 of 140 Old 01-09-2006, 04:59 PM

I keep flopping at Flylady - I am really curious about this now...

Joanna
#20 of 140 Old 01-09-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoadAbode
I keep flopping at Flylady - I am really curious about this now...

Joanna
Me too : I honestly LOVE flylady....she is sweet and very inspirational. It just is overwhelming to me

I loved her book!

MM seems much more doable. I have severe issues in the area of scheduling and remembering to do lists. I placed the list on the fridge. I think this is actually doable :

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

#21 of 140 Old 01-09-2006, 05:37 PM

Okay, okay, I can resist no longer! I'm in, too!
#22 of 140 Old 01-09-2006, 06:13 PM

What I have been trying to do is all the daily stuff, the daily projects and ONE extra thing to get all the crap out of the house. Once that is done my gole is to maintain!!! Something I have never been able to do.

#23 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 03:14 AM

Been doing MM as part of a new years resolution...and am doing ok with it!!!

Just take my time, breathe, and get through it. Much more low key than Flylady...I dropped out after 2 days.
#24 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 03:34 AM

Oh boy I am "doing" flylady lol, but am having trouble lately : , now I am really intersted in this! Can't really do both tho lol, hmmmm......
#25 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Well, if we're going to use this as an accountability thread....We're falling behind. We had my uncle and cousin here for the weekend working on our basement so we dropped the MM stuff and had extra mess I will get back on top of it tomorrow.
#26 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 04:35 AM

I use it & find it very helpful. I don't stress too much about stuff I miss. I figure whatever I do get done is better than I was doing. I also try to pick up tasks that I missed later in the week.

Seven bucks is nothing for the peace of mind. I like to think of my money going to a SAHM.
#27 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 11:19 AM

I am a total Flylady FAILURE!!!! She scared the crap outta me with all the e-mails. I kept wondering who was going to take care of my kids while i was busy scouring the house. MM is much more doable.

#28 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by embens
I am a total Flylady FAILURE!!!! She scared the crap outta me with all the e-mails. I kept wondering who was going to take care of my kids while i was busy scouring the house. MM is much more doable.
#29 of 140 Old 01-10-2006, 05:46 PM

I love how it includes reading to your kids!

#30 of 140 Old 01-11-2006, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad8
I love how it includes reading to your kids!
Me too! I normally read to her at least twice a day because she loves it, but I like that it has that on there in case we've had a really busy day (like yesterday). Then I see that on there and remember to go sit, relax and read with her. I also like that it has 'clip childrens nails' because I tend to forget to do that until she has 'claws' or scratches me :

So far I haven't found time for quiet time or exercise each day, but I'm trying! I've gotten everything done on my list (which also includes a daily quick vacuum and 20 min of decluttering daily) except for today. I do have an excuse though...I cut my finger really bad making lunch so I only have one hand to use, and I have to leave in about 45 min for a midwife appt. I'm going to go see if I can't tackle some of the stuff I have left to do on my list now while dd is sleeping

How is everyone else doing? Getting the stuff done on your lists?

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page