Lego kits.. please help - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-03-2006, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need a space saving and organizational solution for all the lego kits my boys recieved over Christmas. They also have Bionicles and we have just tossed them all into one big container which is portable and works fine- but I would really like a way to keep each kit separate if they want them to be, or a way to hold them all if they're combined. I am thinking maybe a rolling set of plastic drawers- but I am open to all kinds of ideas. What's working for you?

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#2 of 9 Old 01-03-2006, 10:43 PM

I keep my ds's and he has about 6 of them now b/c he loves them in the containers that they came in then all the containers in a tote... not sure if that could work or if you already got ride of all the containers...
#3 of 9 Old 01-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Not sure how big your kits are but ...how about a gallon size ziplock bag for each, or some kind of small container, like the plastic storage containers ???

My ds always put them together once, then they all got thrown into the mishmash!
#4 of 9 Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 PM

We always use the small rubbermaid/sterlite containers. There are really small ones for your small sets and you can go as big as you want!
#5 of 9 Old 01-05-2006, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I think I might cut the image from the kit box and put it in a zip loc bag, and then keep the pieces in there- so they know what kit they're working on.

Thanks.

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#6 of 9 Old 01-07-2006, 03:14 PM

Just so you feel better, I will tell you about my lego-obsessed brother. He is 26 and has loved legos since the age of 4. He has so many, they fill up (somewhat) his bedroom, which is fairly large (he lives in my Mom's basement). He has many many many of those clear plastic sho boxes on several bookcases. Each shoebox has different sized/colored lego bricks. For examply, he has a box for his red 4x4s, a box for his black 4x4s, a box for his blue 4x6s, and it goes on and on. He has has the smaller glad containers for the types of things that he doesn't have a lot of orhey are small. It is nice when he is making something, the right pieces are easy to find, but can you imagine the amount of legos he has?

Good luck with your organizing, I hope you enjoyed my story
#7 of 9 Old 01-07-2006, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arismomkoofie
Just so you feel better, I will tell you about my lego-obsessed brother. He is 26 and has loved legos since the age of 4. He has so many, they fill up (somewhat) his bedroom, which is fairly large (he lives in my Mom's basement). He has many many many of those clear plastic sho boxes on several bookcases. Each shoebox has different sized/colored lego bricks. For examply, he has a box for his red 4x4s, a box for his black 4x4s, a box for his blue 4x6s, and it goes on and on. He has has the smaller glad containers for the types of things that he doesn't have a lot of orhey are small. It is nice when he is making something, the right pieces are easy to find, but can you imagine the amount of legos he has?

Good luck with your organizing, I hope you enjoyed my story

This will be my son. I just wish he was this organized (or did your mom do that?)

Solo Mum to 4 and loving every minute of it!!!!
#8 of 9 Old 01-09-2006, 02:47 AM

I tried to organize my boys legos, and I loved it. I could then follow the directions and easily put a set together. But the kids prefer them all in one big box. So for now that's what we do. (We have on for bionicles and one for regular lego). I figure when they are older and want to do more complex things they will appriciate organizing more.
#9 of 9 Old 01-09-2006, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The hunt for the perfect piece and the thrill of the find is part of the game, here. Everything is in one bin. Ds is either too young or the wrong temperment for anything more.

Here are some complementary smileys from ds.
:nana: : :

Mom to unschooling 4everboy since 8/01

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page