Planning a summer wardrobe - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2006, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Any good ideas? I'm thinking of getting mainly gymbo sets for my 3 year old, but I'm not sure how many or what exactly to get. They usually get some nice "going places" outfits from grandparents, and I just have to get the everyday stuff. I was thinking 5-7 outfits that mix and match (maybe 2 different lines at Gymboree). How do you decide how much to get? It's really early, and we probably won't actually *need* summer wear until May or so (some shorts in April, but skorts will work then, too), but I don't want to wait until things are picked over. I'm not much of a shopper, I like to get in, and get it done. I usually put it off until there is *nothing* left, but the kids *need* clothes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2006, 03:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
we have some great kids' consignment sales in our area. one, in particular, only sells boutique clothing and they usually have hanna, oilily and some of the funky european stuff that i like. i sell at the sale and use that money to buy so it works out well. most of the high end stuff retains its sale value pretty well as long as it doesn't get trashed.

this year, i think i'm gonna do a good deal of blue canoe for dd. it's super cute, organic, mix and match and i can get the 50% off price. and i'll pick up a few dressier items at the consignment sale. i'm not sure how many of each but i do plan on simplifying greatly.

User Tag List