Scrapbooking mamas - how do you narrow down the pictures? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-16-2006, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I have a tonne of pictures and have scanned most of them into the computer I'd love to box and tape for storage or throw away the rest
and make some scrapbooks for different themes, ages, etc.

But I have no idea how to organize it all?
I have 3 kids...should I make each one a family and self, school book?
A family book? how do I do it and how do I pick pictures?

I am going for a basic scrapbook no fancy just plain pages and pictures.
(any source for cheap but durable multiple books in bulk?)

8 might be enough
#2 of 5 Old 01-16-2006, 07:00 PM

It's really all up to you when it comes to organizing the themes of your scrapbooks. Some scrappers like to do a lot of different smaller books with themes like: Trip to Disneyland 2005, Jesse's year in baseball 2003, Mark's school years, a pregnancy scrapbook, First Year scrapbook, etc.

Others will scrap a chronoligical book for each child. For this kind of book, I would recommend an album that can be taken apart so pages can be added, as these books can get pretty thick!

Personally, I am doing a 12 x 12 album for each child, a 12 x 12 album for my dh and I, and a 12 x 12 album for the family. I also do smaller albums for our trips, our home (being built and my decorating fiascos), our doggy, etc.

I have no idea where you can get multiple albums in bulk. Maybe Costco or Sam's Club? I know that Costco used to have photo albums in bulk. Maybe since scrapping has become so popular, they're carrying scrapbooks now, too.

Good Luck!
#3 of 5 Old 01-18-2006, 06:39 PM

this is what I do. Each child has thier own baby book, which always extends into their upper years. So, they each have thier own album. But then each year we do a *family* album too. This way, when they leave the house and want thier albums, they don't take all thier baby pictures with them too! Or, I can let them take thier albums and won't keep them saying , these are the only pictures I have of you.
You can also do a Christmas theme one, I have seen many do that, or a Vacation theme.
#4 of 5 Old 01-21-2006, 07:18 PM

I recommend checking out the craft discussion area here, there is always a good cropper talk going on.

Once I do the page with the pictures, I am done with the pics.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 5 Old 01-21-2006, 10:22 PM

I do something similar to Rowenta.

I only scrap 8 1/2 x 11 inch, I like the look better and the albums fit in my bookshelves.

Each child has their own chronological albums, starting with my pregnancy and then following them growing up.

And then we have chronological albums for the family, which include holidays, etc. I have also included layouts about our new babies in the family albums.

When my boys are ready to move out, we will do colour copies of their albums for them to take - but I suspect most young men won't be too sentimental about their baby photos, etc.

Kath contented vegan mama to my trio of free-range boys
Permaculture Design Student & Wannabe Urban Homesteader

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page