Electric hard floor cleaner? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have one? Any thoughts? I would use it mostly on the kitchen floor and on some hard wood as well.

I am thinking I *might* be more inclined to vaccum/wash if it is all in one, and I dont have to get on my hands and knees.

Thinking about the Hoover 3030 model - with spinner/scrubbers...
#2 of 8 Old 01-18-2006, 01:09 PM

I don't currently have one. I had the Hoover Floormate after a lot of good recommendations and I hated it. I didn't have the one with the spinning brushes, though. I've heard some good things about other hard floor machines. I think the Bissell Flip-It has gotten good reviews. Good Luck! I want another machine, too. Too many floors to sweep, mop, and dry (because I cannot stand those streaks that mopping leaves behind on hardwood!)
#3 of 8 Old 01-21-2006, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!

I am still looking for a good one, and I keep going back to the Hoover floor mate (3030 model) with the spinners...something about it is "calling me", LOL.
#4 of 8 Old 01-22-2006, 12:52 PM

I have the Hoover Floormate and LOVE IT . and I am a hands and knee floor washer. I put off buying it forever beacuse I just couldn't spend that much on something to wash my floor but now that I have it wonder what was wrong with me. I've never had a cleaner kitchen floor its amazing!! It also can be used vaccum but I only use it to wash so that I don't have to spend the cash on antoher filter. I also cut the cleaner amount in half and STILL get the cleanest floors ever.

My knees thank me everyday .
#5 of 8 Old 01-22-2006, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

I was just getting out the toothbrush to wash my floor!! I love clean, eat-off-able floors!

I am so just going to go buy one today!!

Thanks camotyka!
#6 of 8 Old 01-26-2006, 01:44 AM

i just donated my hoover floormate to goodwill. i much prefer a good ole mop.
#7 of 8 Old 01-31-2006, 06:04 PM

we have hardwood floors everywhere, save for tiles in bathrooms (dh and I don't like carpets for their unsanitary and allergy inducing features); I hate noise and heavy machines (namely vacuums), and so I have a dry swifter, wet swifter and the Swifter-type duster. I love them and my floors are always really really clean 'cos I love cleaning with these.
#8 of 8 Old 02-01-2006, 02:27 AM

I could've posted this exact question....I looked into the Bissell Flip-It as a lower cost alternative to the Hoover and read nothing but negative reviews, particularly about the strength of the vacuum. I also have Swifer - the original with wet and dry cloths and the Wet Jet. Can't say I love either of them. They're okay for a quick clean here and there but I still don't feel like my floors are *really* clean. I've replaced the Swiffer cleaner in the WetJet with my own cleaner because I can't stand the smell and dh got a headache the other night when I quickly pulled out my Swiffer original with wet cloths.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page