Hangers AAARGHH - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi...

This is my first time posting in this forum but I have picked up some wonderful tips here! I just have a quick question.

What do you do with childrens' clothes hangers? Are they recycle-able? Do stores take them back? I have FAR TOO MANY hangers.

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2006, 10:58 PM

I buy children's hangers, I hate the mismatched, cheap ones that come with clothes.

Try donating them to a thrift store, they may could use them for hanging up their purchases.

Mama to:Ben (12), Natalie (9), Zoe (5)

Old 01-22-2006, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabobbin
I buy children's hangers, I hate the mismatched, cheap ones that come with clothes.
:
When I buy something at a store that comes on a hanger I ask the clerk to please keep them or sometimes I just take the item off the hanger and leave it on the rack

Maaaammaa!! to A 2/99 M 7/00 J 10/04 B 4/07 S 3/09
Old 01-22-2006, 11:57 PM

I take clothes off the hangers in stores and leave them with the dressing room attendant if I decide to buy the item. (At Goodwill, where I take the clothes home to try on, I'll slip the hangers on an empty rack.)

Also, Goodwill, and probably other thrift stores do use donated hangers. When we first moved into this house there were about 200 wire hangers, I just dropped them off at Goodwill.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:55 AM

You could try offering them on Freecycle. I actually really like the store hangers where you can hang a whole outfit together so I jumped at the chance to get some on Freecycle when I was in need of hangers. I always shop at the thrift store so I never get hangers with the clothes!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all!

I will check out Goodwill and Freecycle. I usually leave the hangers at the store but the hangers come with gifts from the grandmas. For some reason, they think these hangers are in demand and will sometimes include extra ones with the clothes gift box .

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:15 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I either offer them on Freecycle or donate them to a thrift store. The store will either use them (if they need more hangers) or put them in a bag and sell them (if they don't need more hangers at the time.)

Ruth, single mommy to Leah, 19, Hannah, 18 (commuting to college), and Jack, 13(homeschooled)

User Tag List