Yay! I'm finally getting ready! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-28-2006, 01:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so bad. I told myself that I would not start getting the baby stuff out until I had cleaned out our "spare" room. The problem is that we moved to this tiny rental last year... the old house had several rooms this new house doesn't... an extra living room, huge dining room, tons of closets, pantry, laundry room, screened back porch, attic, storage shed... now all the stuff that was in all those places is in our "spare" room. I just realized yesterday that I'm 29 WEEKS! I've got to start getting something done! Eeks.

So today, I waded into the room and just started tossing stuff into bags: trash or keep or donate. I worked for about 4 hours this afternoon and I've now got 9 large garbage bags of stuff to donate, 3 HUGE boxes of stuff for the community club yard sale (April 1st), and just one bag and one small box of stuff to keep! Yay! I just wish I could get all these donation bags out of the house! Being pg, I can barely slide these heavy bags across the floor, much less pick them up and carry them down 6 stairs and load them into my truck.

Okay, so I've still got a ways to go. I'd say I cleared about 1/3 of the room today, but one corner has liquor boxes of stuff piled all the way to the ceiling! I did such a good job today that I'm rewarding myself by washing 3 boxes of baby laundry tomorrow. Imagine that. Laundry as a reward!

Celebrate with me! There's a baby coming and I AM going to be ready, afterall!
Darci

Raising our babies: 2003, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2012
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-28-2006, 04:40 PM

congratulations -- well done!!!

p.s. you MUST find yourself another treat in addition to the baby laundry -- something just for you
#3 of 10 Old 01-28-2006, 04:44 PM

Yay, Darci!! Congratulations. It does feel pretty good, doesn't it? Have fun with the baby laundry. And ITA with the pp, you must reward yourself with something else just for you!
#4 of 10 Old 01-29-2006, 04:47 AM

Wooohooo! What an accomplishment! Have you treated yourself yet?
#5 of 10 Old 01-29-2006, 04:48 AM

Super! Well done
#6 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 01:28 AM - Thread Starter

Well, here's what happened.. my hubby worked 12-hour nights all weekend, so I sat and stared at the bags. They were making me feel guilty because they were cluttering up the living room and I couldn't make anymore progress in the "spare" room, either, because I had nowhere else to move the junk to. Brownie points: hubby noticed my heroic efforts and made a special trip to the store to buy my favorite (expensive) all natural ice cream. Yay! And this morning, after my MW appt, we dropped all 9 bags off at GoodWill! Woohoo!!

Darci

#7 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 02:32 AM

GO GO NESTING QUEEN!!
Too bad new babies come with more clutter
I was doing well before we had dc #2.... but back on the horse again.
Pat yourself on the back woman I bet with that much stuff gone you can 'feel' the more space in the house now!! and less stuff means healthier less dust environment for new baby!

8 might be enough
#8 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM

argh! Darci, you're making me look bad! ROTFL! I have all of my girl baby clothes in the highboy, but not washed yet. I have a ton of baby clothes that I want to toss, or at LEAST go through and get rid of stuff that isn't "beautiful" and guess what? I'm almost 32 weeks! EEEEK! Where'd my time go? And my nursery is torn apart. Well, not so much anymore. We just hung the new sheetrock and now have to sand down the mudded areas. Then the guy can come and paint...after I figure out what color... But GREAT JOB on the decluttering! WOOHOO! you still deserve more than baby laundry and ice cream. How about a really silly something? Like the first outrageous thing you can find? LOL Works for some! Great job!
#9 of 10 Old 01-31-2006, 03:17 PM

Nothing like nesting! Keep up the good work! NExt thing you know, you will be washing walls
#10 of 10 Old 02-01-2006, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, it gets better. I've been complaining enough about living in this tiny rental, not being able to fix-up or paint or anything since it's not ours... so Corey calls today about a house for sale a few streets over. It's totally in our price range and very cute. I guess (HOPE!) we'll be moving soon... and that will be traumatic enough with 2 under 3, plus me being 8-ish months pg...? Ah well, it gives me more motivation to get done with all this junk. I am NOT moving all this crap to a new house!

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!
Darci

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page