Why I Love Superglue - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2006, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep it in one of my kitchen cabinets so I can handily fix ANYTHING. It has saved so many items in our home from the trash. Little plastic toys and game pieces that get a piece broken off - no problem. Same for wooden toys and furniture. I've also fixed doll accessories, broken sticks, and even a broken slate arrowhead that my boys made. Today I fixed the pull-out breadboard that is built into my kitchen - the wooden piece with the "pull groove" separated from the rest of the board, and I couldn't get it to stick together without Superglue.

My DH is a bit of a purist and would like to see me use wood glue on wood, but the time it takes to glue it, clamp it, and wait for it to dry is just too much in my busy life. I know Superglue probably will get brittle and need re-gluing faster than something like wood glue, but I can handle that.

Oh, I should add that I use the gel kind. And it isn't medical-grade, but in a pinch it can close a wound that won't stop bleeding (and avoid a trip to the ER). Just make sure someone is holding the wound shut to stop the bleeding when you apply the glue. I'm willing to risk the potentially nasty chemicals in it once or twice in a lifetime for that convenience.

This keeps the stuff we use useful and means less stuff turns into trash (=clutter).

Amanda, mom to Everest (12), Alden (10-1/2), Ellery (7-1/2), & Avery (6)

User Tag List