S.H.E. system - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-17-2006, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone doing this? I'm doing Flylady and really like it, but I'm thinking of transferring my control journal to index cards. Flylady started with the S.H.E. index card system in the first place so I'll be keeping all the stuff that works for me, I'll just be changing the medium

I don't use her reminder emails anyway. For me the whole thing is the control journal and my own routines. She's just the one that helped me build it all. I'll still stay on the list though because I really get a lot out of the testimonials and the essays. And the special missions are fun

I just read Sidetracked Home Executives : From Pigpen to Paradise . It was funny and inspirational but at the same time, the part where they talk about *how* to make the index card system just made my brain whirl But I've been on and off Flylady so long I think I know how to do this.

I'm just thinking it will feel more satisfying to have a card to physically file when I've finished it
#2 of 4 Old 02-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Hello!

I have the book too and have been trying to implement the suggestions, although I haven't started the card system.

And it was funny too because I finally started to get somewhat in control of cleaning and maintaining the apartment when I accepted that routines and planning HAD to be part of it, thanks among other things to Flylady. And then I found out my mom had the SHE book at home the whole time I was growing up!!!

So I must have read it before (I read ALL the books at home) - now she has sent it to me and I've read it several times.

I think it makes things easier and a bit fun!

#3 of 4 Old 02-19-2006, 05:17 PM

I'd *highly* recommend reading their later book, Get Your Act Together. In it, they talk about how they later realized how totally overwhelming their original index card system was, and they present a simplified version.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#4 of 4 Old 02-20-2006, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Char, the big question is - was your mom's house neat?

Lisa thanks! I'll see if my library has it. I didn't find the card system overwhelming, I think the way they *described* it is overwhelming! I *think* I know what they are talking about but I don't think it was described well enough in the book. I enjoyed the book and found it very inspirational but it was a bit, uh . . . . disorganized :

I'm sort of procrastinating right now. I have cards and a card file already but the idea of having to write them all out is intimidating. The computer list is still working great for me though. Maybe I should stick with what's working

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page