How many kids in one bedroom? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 05-04-2006, 03:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We were fully prepared to have both children in one room, but dd1 was keeping dd2 awake. Dd1 is an awful sleeper. We ended up moving her to our home office and recently bought her a wardrobe since there's no closet in the room. I would like to move them back together at some point. When the IL's come on one of their extended visits we won't have a choice.

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 05-14-2006, 02:59 AM

I have read about large familes who suggest that the child who is needing personal space go hang out in Mom & Dads room for a while. I think that is a good idea.

Wife to one. Mama to 5.
#33 of 35 Old 05-14-2006, 11:23 AM

I was in a bedroom with four of us as a child and loved it.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#34 of 35 Old 05-15-2006, 03:38 AM

my kids have very small bedrooms to themselves. the shared until my dd started keeping my ds up all ngiht at 6-7 mos. so i found him is own room b/c it wasn't fair.

sleep is sleep. I shared a room until I was 7 almost 8. It never bothered me. first with ym grandmother, then with my brother... and it never occured to me that was weird. sure he got on my nerves... but he wuld have if he was a girl.

at young ages I don't think it matters unless one kids is waking the others etc. But when they get older (7-12) if they seem to require alone space and have no where else to find it then I guess that's something that would need to be taken into consideration.

I think by giving a kid too much space it can makes them greedy/stingy/selfish. too little can make them feel unvalued. it really just depends on the family and individual child to decide this balance.

there is nothing the least bit wrong with sharing sleeping quarters! =)

transtichel.gifMom of three - (2.5 yrs, 7yrs, and 11yrs). Birthing Doula, editor, and wife to my soulmate. I've had a c/s, hospital VBAC, UC and not yet decided what I'll do about this next little one

#35 of 35 Old 05-15-2006, 06:47 PM

I shared a room until I was 10 then we built another house and I had my own room until I went to college. I really didn't mind sharing a room with my sister but I didn't like sharing a bed. We both slept in a full bed. I wouldn't have minded sharing a room so much if I'd had my own bed where I could chill by myself.

We're moving into a smaller 3 bedroom home in July. DS and DD will share a room for the next few years and we hope to have another little one this year who will sleep in our room for at least the first year.

We'd like to have four kids (crossing my fingers for two boys and two girls). I think the 4 bedroom idea would be cool. Master bedroom, boys room, girls room and a "chill" room for quiet reading, etc..That's our goal. When we hit the four kid limit we'll either build on to the house we're moving into or buy another house!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page