Just wanna SCREAM... Mother thinks decluttering her home means send it to mine! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 07-07-2006, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tummy
: Good Gods she makes me so mad some times!!!

This weekend my mother wants my 8 yr old to come over and help her clean up.. ok, sure thing.

Well, while I was there she had him load my truck up. I mean there was 5 boxes of $H!T in my truck. Things she "gave to him." Mind you three of the boxes were of unopened glass cookie jars (not small!)

I tried to tell him that we did NOT need this stuff, but he really wanted it.

I told my mother cleaning her house did not constitute sending it all to mine!.. she laughed at me: It does not matter how I talk to her or tell her not to do this kind of crap.. she continues to do so.!!!

Mind you.. she is the kind of person that..
*no one EVER does ANYTHING for her.
*She always puts others before herself (her words NOT mine)
*She never asks to have something done for her.. she TELLS.

Oh must I go on?

She thinks I'm kidding!!! My home is so cluttered as it is.. I am in serious NEED of cleaning mine out.!

Just needed to vent.
Are we related? My mother paid a mover to empty her basement into mine! I had just moved into my house was getting ready to remodel - had all of my things stored in my garage for the remodeling and was on bedrest w/ the twins - nd she PAID a mover to send me her junk.

Did i mention that she lived in central iowa and i live in Chicago?

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#32 of 34 Old 07-07-2006, 03:12 PM
A&A

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I hate it when people do that!!! My MIL just did that the other day, although it wasn't five boxes. And she gave my dd a vinyl bag that was DIRTY! I don't want your clean cast-offs, let alone your dirty ones.

"Our task is not to see the future, but to enable it."
#33 of 34 Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 PM

I'm just sooooo thankful that my mother is a ruthless declutterer

My MIL is a packrat but she never gives anything away and someday it will go to my SIL I'm sure
#34 of 34 Old 07-09-2006, 12:16 AM

Cut and paste of an email I sent my brother:

So Mom sent me a box which arrived today, and I thought I’d just share a partial list of the contents with you.

- three boxes of slides I took as a child. (I do not own a slide projector, btw.)

- a yellow tank top I wore as a ten year old

- sixteen assorted buttons

- doll clothes (totally normal)

- an eraser, still in the box, from Drug Fair (original price: 39 cents)

- a half-used box of watercolors from Super Fair

- a birthday card from Grandma Midge for my first birthday

- a black placemat-sized bit of fabric with five human figures corralling elk on it (wtf?)

- a book called “Apache Vengeance” from the US Army Aviation School Library, stamped Property of U.S. Army (sic the US and U.S.)

- asssorted jewelry from Grandma Midge (I assume) including a rosary (unexplained)

- a photo mislabeled as having been taken with my “Brownie Camera” (I have never owned one)

For today, then, just be glad you’re you, and not me.

eta: it also had a certificate for completion of a pottery class I took in 1983.

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page