Please encourage me! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-23-2006, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Okay tonight I have decided to Clean, Declutter and Organize my craziness. Well tonight I did clean the bathrooms and also while cleaning I thought it would be good to *air out* DD's bum, and well she pooped on the floor and rubbed it in. So then I had to spot clean the carpet. Then I cleaned her fingerprints off the windows etc and cleaned the mirrors. I *may* clean more after she falls asleep, unless of course I fall asleep too! So I am up for any encouragement or cheerleading you've got, I need it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 01:33 AM - Thread Starter

Okay so DD is sleeping and I have gathered the garbage and recycling together and started the second last load of laundry (I had about 12 loads to do!! ) So I am going to stay up and try to do some more stuff.....I am in my pre-AF weird nesting stage so I have extra energy to get rid of!
#3 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
12 loads girl you got too much stuff you are holding on to!
More stuff means laundry can pile up and overwhelm you.
We are a family of seven... In one week I might do 12 loads but I do diapers and cloth papertowels fairly regularly.

So what's your bottle necks?
Me in my family everyone has a colour, so their towel is pink...thats the only one they can use they have 2. If a towel is on the floor I know instantly who did it...unless it was me.

Start room by room, drawer by drawer don't try it all at once...
I started last summer and I should have gotten rid of half our stuff by this summer and thats no where near 'lean' its hard, its frustrating but the more stuff that goes out of this house the easier my life gets its getting to be heaven ...... once I finish...

8 might be enough
#4 of 8 Old 04-24-2006, 01:49 PM

Go girl! You can do it!
#5 of 8 Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I know we have too much stuff. I am trying to get it down to a managable amount but it is difficult because I am so busy with DD. I was hoping to get some stuff done today (DH's day off) but he spent 9 hours helping his mom clean instead. I was not impressed at all. Anyways I did get two garbage bags together alone and will work away at it a little at a time. < That's my MIL's advice, which I had a hard time swallowing, she has a housekeeper and had my DH clean for 9 hours for her today. (Most weekends involve time spent doing stuff for her). DH doesn't get that it is important to do stuff with US too! I am just ticked off right now! DH is a great guy....just sometimes......
#6 of 8 Old 04-30-2006, 02:31 AM

This becomes your new job.
You tell dh that you want to set aside some time (I just made dh who never hardly takes his vacation to take 2 weeks off to tackle our boxes of paper, kids art, boxes and boxes.)

It is almost impossible to declutter when the kids are awake don't try it.
Ask dh for one day on the weekend...

besides girl he has to take care of his house before his moms..
grr 9 hours? you could have done a bunch in that time next time tell him to take your kids with him!

8 might be enough
#7 of 8 Old 04-30-2006, 02:38 AM

You cleaned the bathroom and did the laundry (12 loads!!) Very good for one day. You should be very proud of yourself Be happy with whatever you did today and remember there is always tomorrow to do some more.
#8 of 8 Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 AM

You got a lot done mama.

Have you tried doing the timer method? Set a timer for 15 minutes and concentrate on one small area. When the time is done so are you. Small bits may work well for you so you don't get overwhelmed. It's tough with an babe.

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page