Addicted - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To junk drawers. I have 4 in my kitchen, my night stand is pretty much one, and I have a plastic three drawer thingy full of crap, then I have 3 drawers in my hallway of my linen closet... HELP lol
#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 02:25 AM

Oh dear. That's serious.

Is it stuff your ever really use? Could you dump all the drawers in a box and look through them to throw away and get rid of stuff that isn't needed? Then you can commit yourself to one junk drawer in your kitchen. Does that sound like to daunting of a task??
#3 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

I do this once a month but for some reason they fill back up. Mostly with paper, toys, stuff I find laying around and I find a home for. I think today I am going to de-junk them again. If I had less junk drawers I would have more space. I find I get so many papers and I am never sure what to keep and what not to keep. I bought this three drawered plastic thing for all my taxes, bills, important documents but now its over ridden with cd's and other junk. I want to join this months declutter, I think it would be good for this house.
#4 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 01:35 PM

I agree..dump it all into a pile. Figure out what you need to keep, throw the rest away. Then make a list of what the items are (pencils, batteries, rubber bands etc). Measure the 1 or 2 drawers that you will use that will be your organized drawers and immediately go tot he store and buy little plastic or wood organization things. The kind that can be configured in different patterns and go organize the space.
#5 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 06:16 PM

Just a funny story - I know a woman on another chat board who had to move to another state having JUST given birth to her 4th child (oldest was 5yo!). Being a sensible person, she elected to have movers do most of the packing. When she got to her new house, she was mortified to find that the movers had packed her junk drawers by WRAPPING each piece of junk individually in paper and nestling it carefully into a box!
#6 of 6 Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 PM - Thread Starter

Bahahhaha...poor woman!

Mine is mostly paper, lots and lots of paper. Poor trees

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page