Success! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-02-2006, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not all the way there yet but I'm finally seeing real progress.

I've been decluttering the past few weeks and it's like a switch has been thrown or maybe there's an alien occupying my body

I've taken countless bags to Goodwill or the trash and I'm seeing clear space where there once were piles of junk.

I feel like a new person. I'm no longer paralyzed by indecision when I look at the clutter. I've got really good at deciding to either donate, toss, or put away.

Like I said, there's still a long way to go but I'm getting there. Once I'm fully dejunked, I'm going to deep clean, then finish all my decorating projects. Soon I will have a new (to us) house.

All that said, I'm not going to be where I'D like to be. Maybe never. Dh is (ahem) not ready to give up his clutter so I'm just going to box it up and put it away. Same for the kids. But we're getting to the point where we can maintain what we have and that makes such a difference.

Just had to share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2006, 11:17 AM

Decluttering makes it feel like a new house

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
Old 05-02-2006, 11:47 AM

That's great, congratulations! I have been preparing for a garage sale and can't wait to get the stuff out. I have found I have to move quickly and not think about each item too much or I will come up with a reason to keep it! Having a baby in arms helps with this as I have only limited spurts of time to work on it!
Old 05-03-2006, 12:40 AM

what a good feeling! Congrats- I think that getting rid of junk is addictive- my mom always said- "when in doubt, throw it out" and these days, it has been my de-cluttering mantra.

Knit natural toys for your kids! Shop Hedgehog Lane and check out the simple-to-knit patterns for sweet toys and gifts. Visit my blog- Duo Fiberworks- for a crafty conversation between me and my twin sister.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:22 AM

What a wondeful feeling! Congrats to you!!!

Former dreads.gifwearing, treehugger.gifing, pole dancing, read.gifpushing, ribbonpurple.gifsurvivor & single mama extraordinaire to energy.gif.  

Now that's a mouthful!!! computergeek2.gif & follow it!   

User Tag List