Art supplies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please tell me your storage secrets. Right now ours are in a stack of plastic boxes and paper and other random crap in our kitchen. There must be a better way.

I want them near the kitchen table, accessible to the kids, tidy, and out of the way. I tried putting them in empty file cabinets, but somehow that didn't work. Advice, advice?

Can't give up actin' tough, it's all that I'm made of. Can't scrape together quite enough to ride the bus to the outskirts of the fact that I need love. ~ Neko Case

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-04-2006, 07:22 PM

They were so into art, and always getting glue and glitter on the kitchen table, or their project wasn't done before dinner-time, that I utilized an old desk that had been given to us. The supplies go in the drawers, there's a bulletin board above it for drying and displaying things, some overflow goes onto shelves next to it, and it's ALL THEIRS. I never have to move anything or clean stuff off if I want my kitchen table. The drawers have been very nice, perhaps because they're small, and only one type of thing goes in each drawer (rather than big, deep filing cabinet drawers that they may have had to dig around in).

I only did this 2-3 weeks ago, so I can't say yet whether it's worked well. But they sure are proud to have their own "art desk". (of course, not everyone has an old desk sitting around, much less the space)
#3 of 4 Old 05-06-2006, 02:39 AM

we have a couple of those 3-4 drawer dresser type things with wheels. they are clear so the kids can see what is in each area. its plastic so if it gets dirty, not a big deal... they are under $20/each....
yes its more cheap plastic cr*p but it makes my life easier. we also have a little tikes art easel and the kids have an art desk... but yes they do tend to congergate on the kitchen table... i have an old tablecloth, plastic with flannel backing that i put down for them, and if i need the table, i just pick that up and move it somewhere... (like the patio)
#4 of 4 Old 05-06-2006, 03:43 PM

I have these nifty ddrawered storage boxes next to a coffee table on the floor squares that are the part of my living room referred to as the playroom. All the art stuff goes in there. I have a box for the martkers, a big bowl w/lid for the crayons. Paper and coloring books go in one drawer. Miscellaneous (buttons, beads, stickers, etc go in another drawer. Markers, crayons, scissors and glue go in the third. I got these drawer boxes for free and they are stackable and perfect for what I needed.

Namaste, Tara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page